The Hartford in California

wildcat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
No. Cal.
I'm contracting with the Hartford for Small Bus. products, Work Comp and BOP's.

How are their personal lines; Auto/Home? Pretty competative for the most part?

As a NY agent I think they're really a great overall company. They're competitive on the easy stuff and sometimes even better on the not so easy risk. They'll often look at stuff the other standard markets won't even entertain.

If I had only 1 company to use, it would probably be them.

My only complaint is that they'll occasionally target and write one of the not so easy classes only to decide after a year that they don't really want it and non-renew the entire class, leaving you with no place else to put it and looking a little foolish.

How the heck r u getting contracting with Hartford? THey are the best. Usually they wont give anyone a contract unless you show good numbers in personal lines first.. Take it, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

We actually just signed up with Hartford (MD & PA) and their rates have been great. Blowing the competition right out of the water even Progressive & Geico rates.

The Hartford is not bad in rural No. Cal but if you are in the cities their are probably 10 carriers that will smoke them, CIG, Traveler's, Mercury, just to name a few. They just don't want California business at these rock bottom rates like everyone else does. I think I have one policy where they were competitive for personal lines in no cal.

Back