The Hartford Insurance Independent Program

plays2win

Expert
I just came across this ad in one of the job boards. Hartford is soliciting new agents for their Agencies and offering quality, sales leads. Have any of you heard of this program? Are the leads any good? I posted the ad below.

Are you looking for a sales opportunity that gets you in front of prospective clients without the hassle of cold calling? Do you want to be recognized and rewarded for the results you produce? Are you looking for a team atmosphere with the right balance of flexibility, independence, and freedom? Do you want to be your own boss and succeed based upon your work and the results you produce?

This may be the opportunity you've been looking for.

A general agency in your area is looking for independent insurance agents who can be appointed to represent Hartford Life and Annuity Insurance Company. As an independent insurance sales agent, you will be an independent contractor (not an employee of The Hartford), able to fully enjoy the rewards of your hard work. The Middle America life insurance marketing program positions you for success by offering:
  • Quality sales leads with no cold calling required
  • Weekly commission advance program
  • Competitive life insurance products
  • Bonuses and rewards programs for agents who qualify
  • Attractive deferred compensation plan with company match

This company is not " The Hartford" it's an Agency that represents Hartford products. Last I met w/them it was mortgage insurance. Then I saw they chg their focus to something else.

I was involved in the program for several years. this is what my experience has been:
1. The leads are excellent: the Hartford has a good name, and the people who respond to the leads remember doing it. The Hartford name is on all of their solicitations. The leads are fairly expensive, but, they produce.
2. their deferred compensation program is excellent as well. They match funds and it builds up quickly.
3. They are primarily a UL house However their target rates are very low compared to most others that I have come across, so even though the commission rate looks good the actual take home is considerably lower than you can get elsewhere. Be prepared to get knocked out of the box because of premiums amounts. there are also companies out there whose cash accumulations look a lot better.
4. Hartford's term product is a bear to get through, and it seemed to me that the rate of declines in this market is unusually high.
5. They run a lot of contests, and are a 1st class company with a lot of perks.

I saw a similar ad a while ago. The ad was like, you make $35 per hour with no cold calls. The fine prints read, you have to close at least one case each hour.

I assumed that we're talking about Hartford's life insurance program. that $35/hr has me confused. My experience was with Hartford's mortgage leads.

Jake; the last, simular, ad I saw was Life Quote for $23/hr; but that was $23/hr of talk time and last for 90 days. It's a remote call center strategy.

Thank you for the reply Jake! Jake07712;362577]
One question...
What did you mean by "Be prepared to get knocked out of the box because of premiums amounts. "

I'm an experienced life agent moving to Atlanta from Chicago so I'm looking to hook up with a good and legit company and this company reached out to me. Just doing my homework.

These forums are great so let's keep sharing and helping each other with honest info and opinions!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you for the reply Jake! Jake07712;362577]
One question...
What did you mean by "Be prepared to get knocked out of the box because of premiums amounts. "

I'm an experienced life agent moving to Atlanta from Chicago so I'm looking to hook up with a good and legit company and this company reached out to me. Just doing my homework.

These forums are great so let's keep sharing and helping each other with honest info and opinions!

Last edited:
Back