The I Love Door Knocking "December to Remember" Christmas Extravaganza Thread (powered by bacon)

DayTimer

Guru
5000 Post Club
I am not a big fan of money goals. I find activity goals work best for me as I like for my goal to be something I can control. So I have set a goal for days worked and doors knocked in December.

But money is a motivator for me. I set those activity goals because based on my averages, if I work those days and knock those doors, I should get enough Sits to allow me to write $1667 in monthly FE premium in the month of December for $20K AP.

I'll be on the doors tomorrow at 9 AM.

11-30-2018.JPG

Wishing everyone a productive and prosperous end run into the New Year.

How many leads do you have to make that happen?
Thanks

I’ll tell you at the end of the month. I’m just going to go to work to work and knock my doors. I get 20 to 30 DM leads per week, and I have an unworked aged lead inventory large enough to keep me busy for half a year without having to buy another lead. I do plan to track anything I can track this month, so at the end, I’ll let you know how many new leads/old leads etc. it took to get me whatever result it is I get.

I am not a big fan of money goals. I find activity goals work best for me as I like for my goal to be something I can control. So I have set a goal for days worked and doors knocked in December.

But money is a motivator for me. I set those activity goals because based on my averages, if I work those days and knock those doors, I should get enough Sits to allow me to write $1667 in monthly FE premium in the month of December for $20K AP.

View attachment 4861

I don't get it, so you're switching to money goals in Dec?
Good to see you're back to knocking first.

I don't get it, so you're switching to money goals in Dec?
Good to see you're back to knocking first.

No. What I did was I converted a money goal into activity goals. In other words, I worked my way back from a desired result to determine how much activity would be needed to produce that result. My focus is on the activity and the process, not the result.

No. What I did was I converted a money goal into activity goals. In other words, I worked my way back from a desired result to determine how much activity would be needed to produce that result. My focus is on the activity and the process, not the result.

But your opening post reads like a money goal. Not a criticism, as tons of people do that, just an observation. What's your activity goal? I'm guessing maybe 400 knocks?

View attachment 4861

Ah... the old thermometer... let me wish you a very feverish December... may your mercury climb...:yes:

But your opening post reads like a money goal. Not a criticism, as tons of people do that, just an observation. What's your activity goal? I'm guessing maybe 400 knocks?

I won't argue with you: In my mind, what is important is the activity. I simply made my activity goal a level of work that should result in a certain level of production. All I was trying to convey is simply this: Having a money goal of $20k AP doesn't work for me. How many guys here probably have started many a month with a similar goal in mind, come up short, and have no idea why? I know why - I can set any goal I want for production: If I do not do the work required, I won't hit it. Therefore, I have to translate my goal into a work goal.

In broad strokes, my work goal is as follows: 23 Days worked, and I don't come home unless I knocked 18 doors or it is 9PM. Saturday 9 AM to last door at 3 PM. Today I was in a sit and finished at 3:30 PM.

I had an exceptional day today. I don't know if it is quite my biggest field day ever, but it is certainly my biggest day for straight door knocking with no pre-set appointments. I'll update here in a bit.

In broad strokes, my work goal is as follows: 23 Days worked, and I don't come home unless I knocked 18 doors or it is 9PM. Saturday 9 AM to last door at 3 PM. Today I was in a sit and finished at 3:30 PM.

Now THAT is what an activity goal looks like. I was just saying you didn't include that in your OP. Nice work..I need to do something like this.

Back