The Joy Of Shared Internet Health Leads

moonlightandmargaritas

Guru
5000 Post Club
Last week I received an internet health lead. Here's an email I got in reply to one of mine:

"All I wanted was a quote, the site was misleading, I went to what I thought WAS an insurance company now 50 people are calling and emailing and all I wanted was a damn real quote, not to make friends, not to talk to 50 insurance agents, if you have a quote send it, if I wanted to chat I would of called to begin with.

I hope they didn't charge you for this lead."

Instead of revealing how I handled it (just yet), here's the question:

What would you do?

Last week I received an internet health lead. Here's an email I got in reply to one of mine:

"All I wanted was a quote, the site was misleading, I went to what I thought WAS an insurance company now 50 people are calling and emailing and all I wanted was a damn real quote, not to make friends, not to talk to 50 insurance agents, if you have a quote send it, if I wanted to chat I would of called to begin with.

I hope they didn't charge you for this lead."

Instead of revealing how I handled it (just yet), here's the question:

What would you do?

I would send them a quote from my online quoting system attached to the email that I initially send to new inquiries. The next day I would call to see if I could answer any question they might have.

The key is to differentiate yourself by being the patient consultant in this case.

I'd tell my wife to stop asking for insurance quotes.

What I would do is send a quick email saying you are there is they need you.

Rick

I would email back a link to the DOI and all my appointments and how long I have been doing this with a note saying if you really need help with your health insurance I am here to apply for the job and shop it for you each year till age 65...I am a broker and work for you and not any one insurance company.....Thank you for your time......

Send him a job application and ask him to fill it out. Tell him you are always looking to hire people that know everything about health insurance. He can explain what everything means to other prospects.

I would email back a link to the DOI and all my appointments and how long I have been doing this with a note saying if you really need help with your health insurance I am here to apply for the job and shop it for you each year till age 65...I am a broker and work for you and not any one insurance company.....Thank you for your time......

I like this answer! Not doing the work for them just to go with another agent, but yet still responding in a way that will let them know YOU are the agent they should use!

I would send them a quote from my online quoting system attached to the email that I initially send to new inquiries. The next day I would call to see if I could answer any question they might have.

The key is to differentiate yourself by being the patient consultant in this case.

If you do the same thing as everyone else, how does that differentiate you?

Back