The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

Discussion in 'Life Settlements Forum' started by Steve Savant, Apr 25, 2014.

1. pcbinsurance

pcbinsurance Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    LSA...please enlighten us about Life Settlements. None of us around here have ever heard of those.

:nah:

2. goillini52

goillini52 Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    I decided years ago that I wanted no part in getting people to "invest" in another person's death.:skeptical:

3. LottieGarza

LottieGarza Active Member

State:
    Florida
    Yes, you are right. Life insurance money is not a cash money in hand. No one can use this money until your death. I had seen some situations when none of the beneficiary know about the policy and never claim for this. This type of money called as missing money or unclaimed money. So, life settlement plans are good for life security.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  4. shawnadam

shawnadam New Member

Life Settlement is the sale of an existing life insurance policy to a third party for more than its cash surrender value but less than its net death benefit.

5. lifesettlementadvisor

lifesettlementadvisor Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Luckily there are multiple institutional investors that are looking to deploy capital into the space. Don't worry about raising money for life settlements, present the option to your clients before they lapse a policy!;)

6. LostDollar

LostDollar Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fail to see how giving someone else rights to an insurance policy on one's life provides "life security".

In regard to the "claim" point, a more responsible consumer oriented approach might be to work to get consumers to check the "treasure hunt" links on their state treasurer's website.

Getting the family members to do anything about the money is another issue, but I have found business insurance payments and personal investment income for some of my family members on my state's website.

7. Gooner

Gooner Well-Known Member

State:

You realize this was posted 3 years ago...