The Life Settlement Option for Seniors

Yes, you are right. Life insurance money is not a cash money in hand. No one can use this money until your death. I had seen some situations when none of the beneficiary know about the policy and never claim for this. This type of money called as missing money or unclaimed money. So, life settlement plans are good for life security.

Last edited:
Life Settlement is the sale of an existing life insurance policy to a third party for more than its cash surrender value but less than its net death benefit.

I decided years ago that I wanted no part in getting people to "invest" in another person's death.:skeptical:

Luckily there are multiple institutional investors that are looking to deploy capital into the space. Don't worry about raising money for life settlements, present the option to your clients before they lapse a policy!;)

Yes, you are right. Life insurance money is not a cash money in hand. No one can use this money until your death. I had seen some situations when none of the beneficiary know about the policy and never claim for this. This type of money called as missing money or unclaimed money. So, life settlement plans are good for life security.

I fail to see how giving someone else rights to an insurance policy on one's life provides "life security".

In regard to the "claim" point, a more responsible consumer oriented approach might be to work to get consumers to check the "treasure hunt" links on their state treasurer's website.

Getting the family members to do anything about the money is another issue, but I have found business insurance payments and personal investment income for some of my family members on my state's website.

I fail to see how giving someone else rights to an insurance policy on one's life provides "life security".

In regard to the "claim" point, a more responsible consumer oriented approach might be to work to get consumers to check the "treasure hunt" links on their state treasurer's website.

Getting the family members to do anything about the money is another issue, but I have found business insurance payments and personal investment income for some of my family members on my state's website.

You realize this was posted 3 years ago...

Back