The longevity of MA plans?

He claims that insruance carriers can "cherry pick" Medicare beneficiaries. Actually, the only health question that agents are allowed to ask is "Do you have ESRD? You do not know what that is? Then you do not have it." So, how are they cherry picking.

Supplement companies are the cherry pickers since they underwrite their plans. You were in the hospital last month, I am sorry to hear that, and I am sorry to say that you cannot have coverage.

The whole article is shot through with inaccuracies and falsehoods, with the accusation of cherry picking being only one of them. The basic premise of the article is "Government control, good; private business, evil."

He mentions the Medicare Part B premiums increasing and going way up for those with higher incomes with the new rules, thinking that that will cause more upper income people to "abandon Medicare" and go the MA route, leaving Medicare as a program for low income people, which is what he claims is what the evil GOP wants. Increasing premiums will no doubt provide an impetus for cost conscious upper income beneficiaries to take a look at MA. But anyone who has been in the senior market for a week knows that the Medigap market is more of an upper middle class/upper class market whereas the MA market is predominately middle class and below, especially in areas where $0 premiums are offered. The author touts Medicare Supplements. No problem with that, but many if not most of the lower income people he seems most concerned with cannot afford Supplements, especially once premiums start increasing as the years go by.

I agree.

Probably why I never really stayed in the 65+ market.

Of course, when you think about it, most folks are on a fixed income. They earn a fixed salary, or a fixed hourly wage.

Some of us are fortunate enough to earn $20,000 in one month & $600 the next.

What a country!
Senior sales indeed has it's ups and downs like any other type insurance but I had rather sell something that asks 14 health questions and is a 4-6 page app than those health and life apps I've seen. The last health app I wrote I almost "slipped a disc" carrying it back to my car:D

I have a few clients who are paying more for their Part B premium due to income, and it did not phase them one bit.

I admit that I have been spoiled by MA plan sales. Only 1 health question and no underwriting, nice and simple. I cringe when I look at a health app. That is why I just kick it out to another agent. I have no interest in selling it!

Does anyone have any insight on how long the medicare advantage plans will be around. I have heard people saying that they would be here for atleast 2 years and then they would probably be gone. I have read articles that the MA plans are costing medicare 12% more than traditional medicare. I have also seen articles about the democrats fighting against the MA plans.
I bet Medicare Advantage will be gone by 2021..

They should be. They are all scams. I was looking at 3 companies.today (United Health, Aetna, CIGNA) top name, reputable companies. $0 premium. No. You're still paying your $144 to Medicare and Medicare is paying the insurance companies How do insurance company make money. Here's how. Limit this. Limit that. Pre-approve this, pre-approve that. Your co-pay is 0 to infinity. Doctor visits $5. But your out of pocket maximum is $3200 or $4400 or $6000. They hide the fact that you pay 20% of your medical bills. Go out of network and you pay big time. By the time you figure out what you don't have, your medical bills are being sent to collection agencies cause you can't afford to pay what the insurance isn't paying. One plan was specially designed for veterans who have VA benefits. That was bulls--t too.

Back