The Million Dollar Question?

philiph

I wish I would have found this site 7-8 months ago, I appreciate everyones input. I have seen this question asked several times but have not found a satisfactory answer. I want to work from home full time selling health and life insurance in Tennessee. I've got clients I need to go see but I'm not appointed with anyone. Who are some good companies that offer a variety of products that I would be able to get appointed with directly?

What type of Ins do you want to sell?

Also I notice you said appointed directly do you mean no FMO and if so why?

I sell Medicare products from home all over the phone, and Have done so since late 2011, I have relocated to TN as of Feb and sell in a dozen states

The third sentence says:

I want to work from home full time selling health and life insurance in Tennessee.

can mean anything Group, individual, life, under 65 over 65 there is usually 1 type to lead especially just starting out

I wish I would have found this site 7-8 months ago, I appreciate everyones input. I have seen this question asked several times but have not found a satisfactory answer. I want to work from home full time selling health and life insurance in Tennessee. I've got clients I need to go see but I'm not appointed with anyone. Who are some good companies that offer a variety of products that I would be able to get appointed with directly?

Want to sell health and life is too broad! What part of the life market or what kind of health insurance? You talk about selling from home and then you talk about going and seeing people which is it? Your basic questions indicates to me that you are not far enough along in your career to likely succeed at what you are trying to do. I highly recommend that you find a mentor. There are plenty of people on here who are in Tennessee. If you tell us where you are at we maybe able to hook you up with someone.

Let me clarify, I prefer no IMO or FMO because I haven't found one that has anything to offer me other than access to insurance companies. Call me stupid but I got out of the car business working as a finance & insurance manager making six figures. I started when I was 20 and here I am 16 years later making a career change, I know how to sell.
I did work for MOO for a short period but I couldn't grasp the concept of me being a independent contractor and having to be in the office at 8 AM to make calls. Well that and a few other things. Their concept is being an insurance advisor and that's where the misconceptions begin. I sold term, whole life, med-sups, DI, and heart attack and cancer. I couldn't say for sure what is my niche. I do know most of my sales were to women in their 40's
I'm in the process with contracting with a life settlement company to sell to Accredited Investors and plan on making it my main focus. I think it will be a good fit considering my F&I background but I'd like to have some other tools in the tool box. I read on here where someone mentioned an IMO who offered free leads with a 90% commission, non-exclusive and didn't breath down your neck but didn't mention the name. If such an animal exist I'd sign up for that. Other wise I need to know who I can contact to get rolling.
Thanks everyone for your help.

I can help you on the life side if you are interested been very successful but don't mess with health...

I can help you on the life side if you are interested been very successful but don't mess with health...
Yes I'm interested in what you would have to suggest on the life side. Please share.

----------

Want to sell health and life is too broad! What part of the life market or what kind of health insurance? You talk about selling from home and then you talk about going and seeing people which is it? Your basic questions indicates to me that you are not far enough along in your career to likely succeed at what you are trying to do. I highly recommend that you find a mentor. There are plenty of people on here who are in Tennessee. If you tell us where you are at we maybe able to hook you up with someone.

I agree it is very broad and I'm not very far along in my career. When working for MOO those were the products they offered and which I'm familiar. When I talk about going see people, I'm referring to the marketing I did while at MOO that has carried over. I make calls from home and then go see those people, I don't need to go to an office to call people. Now I understand some people call and sell over the phone and never leave their home. If someone did that I would think you would most definitely need to specialize in one product. When I say health, I'm strictly referring to ancillary health products that would be a collateral sale if I discovered a need during fact finding.
Now since I'm basically hitting the reset button on my insurance career I'm thinking of focused mainly on FE and Med-supps. Whatever I decide to focus one I'm confident I can be successful. I believe, and maybe i'm wrong, but if you work hard, smart and put your clients first you will be successful.
No one has addressed "The Million Dollar Question" in any capacity. I'm not trying to take a business plan to the bank for a loan but get some ideas on good companies that allow direct appointments. Is it taboo to discuss the companies who you are currently using? I'd appreciate any names even if it's not in the line I decide to focus. Others may find the information useful.
Thanks for helping.

Yes I'm interested in what you would have to suggest on the life side. Please share.

----------

I agree it is very broad and I'm not very far along in my career. When working for MOO those were the products they offered and which I'm familiar. When I talk about going see people, I'm referring to the marketing I did while at MOO that has carried over. I make calls from home and then go see those people, I don't need to go to an office to call people. Now I understand some people call and sell over the phone and never leave their home. If someone did that I would think you would most definitely need to specialize in one product. When I say health, I'm strictly referring to ancillary health products that would be a collateral sale if I discovered a need during fact finding.
Now since I'm basically hitting the reset button on my insurance career I'm thinking of focused mainly on FE and Med-supps. Whatever I decide to focus one I'm confident I can be successful. I believe, and maybe i'm wrong, but if you work hard, smart and put your clients first you will be successful.
No one has addressed "The Million Dollar Question" in any capacity. I'm not trying to take a business plan to the bank for a loan but get some ideas on good companies that allow direct appointments. Is it taboo to discuss the companies who you are currently using? I'd appreciate any names even if it's not in the line I decide to focus. Others may find the information useful.
Thanks for helping.

If interested in FE talk to Rearden. He can fix you up. He is near Chattanooga.

I am not a vendor so I don't have anything to "offer" you directly, except some advice so to speak. I can't speak to the health insurance side of the equation, so my comments will be limited to the life insurance side. If you are not appointed with any companies (general agencies, wholesalers, etc.) -- then you are not in business! You need to be able to serve people -- and have products available.

First, I don't know your marketplace if any -- young, married couples, new homeowners, etc. However, you will want to be able to advise and counsel people with the appropriate products -- so, look to the marketplace for quality, cost-effective term carriers; the Banner, Transamerica, etc. of the world.

Second, again, look to the marketplace and find some quality offerings for "permanent" coverage/products -- whole life, universal, etc. There are plenty of quality carriers and products out there. I don't know if you are securities licensed, but if you are speak with your broker-dealer and see what "variable" products are approved.

Third, when you say "get appointed with directly" -- while you might be able to get appointed directly with a carrier, doing business with them might be a completely different story. You should want to go through a high-quality general agency or major wholesaler (the Crump's, Highland Capital's, etc. of the world). Not to oversimplify it, but they will be your "partner" in that side of the business, and they will handle a great deal of business for you -- freeing you up to go out and see more people.

Good luck.

Back