The Most Important Part Of Sales Is...

the most important part of a sale is..being straight up esp. in med supp business. the plans are all the same...premium is the only difference. educate educate educate folks on Medicare. explain standardization and benefits...these are the companies and premium. by now....they r going to go with the plan that best fits their needs. in my state plan f makes the most sense financially. so...if you have a t-65 prospect...lay out their options. Plan F w/ BCBS $123, Gerber $133, ACI $141, AARP $159 etc etc. What *** will go w/ the higher premium.

over 65...if they are paying more than what you have to offer and you have educated them on standardization of the plans then i say, Mrs Jones, when you go to the store to purchase milk and you notice that the milk on the left is $4.50 and the milk on the right is $2.50 but it is the same exact brand of milk..which one are you going to choose to buy?? i have never got the high price answer...ever.

mrs. jones i am going to need to see your M/C card. Now..you birthdate is 00/00/0000, is that correct.

ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!

I think Frank's point was that you have to get started on the right foot. While "being straight up" and everything else involved is important, if you can't engage them in the beginning you'll get nowhere quickly. The initial phone can earn something for you: if approached properly, it can earn the opportunity to educate & ultimately sell.

By educating, servicing, and everything else we do we'll have the opportunity to cross-sell and maintain lifetime clients. But, if we can't get started on the right foot then we'll get nowhere. FWIW, that's what I got from the post, and I think he's right.

On a side note, I was hoping to have to change my avatar. Maybe next year.

Now I am really confused.

I thought the most important part is showing up.

When Cal Ripken was asked the secret of his success, his response was "showing up and ready to play".

Now I am really confused.

I thought the most important part is showing up.

When Cal Ripken was asked the secret of his success, his response was "showing up and ready to play".

You can still show up and not get the deal correct?

You can still show up and not get the deal correct?

True, but you never will get the app if you don't show up.

It's like those folks who complain they never win the lottery. Why? Because they never bought a ticket.

I guess we can get real basic about this and say that "the most important part of the sale" is to first get a license to sell insurance. :yes:

True, but you never will get the app if you don't show up.

It's like those folks who complain they never win the lottery. Why? Because they never bought a ticket.

True, But i do alot of business VIA mail or email, so not always seeing the client in person.

Back