The Naylor Organization

G

Anyone have any info about this FMO? They want a $15,000 "buy-in" (from what I understand) in order to become an "associate." Just curious about them after speaking to them on the phone this afternoon.

Al

WHAT?????

You have got to be kidding. Funny thing, I just listened to a couple of audio things they sent me a while back. I won't say everything is the same, but here's what I know:

Broker's Choice of America = Tyrone Clark. Don't know him but I do know that he and BCA have been effectively shut down in several states for sales practices. (Seniors, EIAs, that kind of thing. You can look it up.)

Then, what they do is set up their own multi-level marketing organizations, such as the John Naylor organization. When you write business, it goes through John Naylor first, then broker's choice. Jean Ann Dorrell in Florida is another one. Naylor's org is more "exclusive" so if you don't meet "his criteria" you may get referred to Dorrell.

From a systems standpoint, it's all about seminars. The more money you can spend on seminars, the better. Maybe that's where the $15 grand comes in. If you don't have the money to spend on seminars, forget it.

One of the cd's I listened to said there were 42 folks in Naylor's organization, but they had 80+ go through training, and I guess if you don't cut it you get kicked out.

What I can say for myself is that I still haven't found an FMO that has been truly worth dealing with. And no, I didn't sign up with Broker's Choice, John Naylor, Jean Anne Dorrell either. Would appreciate honest info from the board, though!

When I spoke with the "recruiter" on the phone, it thought it sounded a lot like an MLM pitch, but more subtle than most. Actually I thought it was a 'cult' of some kind in that all the members (they claim 90) have nicknames like "jabber" and "sheriff." No idea what that's all about.

They gave me 2 numbers...what they said is the personal cell and office numbers of John Naylor and that I was to call as soon as I had a chance. I've not done it.

The whole thing must pay well because he takes out full-page ads in Senior Market Advisor... and I don't suppose those are cheap.

On the other hand, it may be a totally legit organization and that the claims they make on their website and their online video are valid. I don't know. My mind is open to all sorts of ideas. I want to re-position my 'practice' away from heath coverage toward annuities and safe-money invenstment. There seem to be about ten million 'systems' out there... but this is the first one that wanted a $15,000 buy-in committment.

I was born at night... but it wasn't LAST night.

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

i
wanted to get away from med supps and just sell annuites and life. But the bad thing is I need my med supp clients to sell life and annuities. The reason I wanted to quit med supps is because I am tired of the rate increases and cancellations. I have never had an annuity or life cancellation.

Anyone have any info about this FMO? They want a $15,000 "buy-in" (from what I understand) in order to become an "associate." Just curious about them after speaking to them on the phone this afternoon.

Al

I checked them out in February of this year. They are doing all the sales through seminars. Probably a "good" presentation but nothing you can't develop yourself. They are trying to build interest buy seeming exclusive but I think anybody with some money to invest to get started is probably in.

The seminar I attended was by a guy who was a Certified Financial Advisor and pretty knowlegable but had a very odd attitude toward his clients (I think he was trying to impress me with his exclusivness.)

The next step was to be me flying out to meet John Naylor in person on my dime. After I told them I had decided against it, they started calling me pretty persistantly and wanting to pay my way out there. I told them I just wasn't interested.

I didn't see them offering me anything I can't do myself. And the parts where I am lacking (product knowlege and tech information) there didn't seem to be substancial training available. They didn't seem to care if you know what you are doing as long as you can sell. I wasn't impressed with that at all.

I don't think they would be a horrible company. And I do think you can be successful with them. But i am not ready to do 4 to 6 seminars monthly every month. I do seminars but all the prep-work is not my favorite part of the business.

Seems like I noticed reading something this month thier top producer (Phyliss Something) just broke away from them and started her own company. If you have their marketing packet her name and interviews are all over it. Do a web serch and see if she has her own company now. She would be good to talk to.

Last edited:
Not certain but I think once they get a certain "charisma" about them, they open up a new "downline" in the Naylor org. Just as they did with Jean Ann Dorrell they are now doing with Phyllis Plevenis or whatever her name is. Don't be fooled. It's a downline!

Not certain but I think once they get a certain "charisma" about them, they open up a new "downline" in the Naylor org. Just as they did with Jean Ann Dorrell they are now doing with Phyllis Plevenis or whatever her name is. Don't be fooled. It's a downline!

That's the name (Phyllis Plevenis) I believe she has broke off from the Naylor Group now and has gone on her own.

Really, I would highly doubt she would "breakaway" per se. It's just another marketing gimmick I'm sure.

Sometimes it seems like these businesses are like Mary Kay, doesn't it?

If her upline is still Tyrone Clark and Broker's Choice, don't think for one second that Naylor isn't still involved.

I once signed up with an FMO due to a friend's recommendation, and only when I tried to move my contract did I find out exactly how many people were in my "upline" and I had never even heard of the top company/guy. Turned out I was underneath Davis Life and I had absolutely no idea!

As we all seem aware, you can't remove your upline without not writing business for 6 months, unless you're smart like Rick and get a release up front. Did Phyllis stop writing biz for 6 months???

Back