The New SEO

Discussion in 'Insurance Websites' started by Liz, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Liz

Liz Guru

2. YouGotMyMoney

YouGotMyMoney Guru

State:
    Florida
    For 99% of insurance niches, SEO is dead. I never thought Google could pull it off, from the biggest national terms to local geo kw's , the big G has made it impossible for experienced marketers and novices alike to rank for anything meaningful. 100% give the leg up to brands and domains with authority - even if they are not relevant.

Just do PPC.

3. pcbinsurance

pcbinsurance Guru

State:
    Florida
    Please don't take this as disrespect, but if SEO for 99% of insurance niches is dead, why are you "advertising" your SEO services on this insurance forum? Am I missing something other than that golden 1%?

I'm curious since I was prepared to invest in more SEO in 2014. Please elaborate if you can. Thanks.

4. YouGotMyMoney

YouGotMyMoney Guru

State:
    Florida
    Advertising Seo services? no, that's just an old affiliate link for a rank tracking service from quite a while ago.

5. ltcadviser

ltcadviser Guru

The past 5 months for me have been brutal. I tried to react to the SEO changes that I experienced, and everything got worse.

I never thought I would want to do PPC, but I might need to put my energy into thinking about creating a great PPC landing page.

I hate to be cynical but if Google can show news content --crappy Forbes, WSJ articles----on all insurance search terms than I guess they force you to pay to play.

6. YouGotMyMoney

YouGotMyMoney Guru

State:
    Florida
    Yeah, there is the odd "lucky" ranking I'll obtain in Google, but I've spent thousands trying to get the same success in Google since the updates last spring, G has literally shut down the Insurance market.

7. ltcadviser

ltcadviser Guru

So, i guess it is not even worth interviewing SEO firms to see if someone can help?

8. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I can get your site to page 1 for $425 a month with no contract...

9. ltcadviser

ltcadviser Guru

Well, this I have to see. I assume you realize I was on Page 1 for term "long term care insurance" for over 1 1/2 years before the algorhythms changed.
    This is national, USA. Not a local town,

Call me at 800-891-5824.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  10. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I forgot to insert a smiley. I just wanted to sound like an seo salesman...