The Part B Deductible & Wellness Visit-Plan G

infoseeker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
i been trying to clarify if someone who is healthly and has plan G and only goes to doctor once a year for the annual wellness visit which is free do they still have to pay the $147 Part B deductible? If not than they would pay $0 deductible for Part B if that was the only medical service they had all year.

i been trying to clarify if someone who is healthly and has plan G and only goes to doctor once a year for the annual wellness visit which is free do they still have to pay the $147 Part B deductible? If not than they would pay $0 deductible for Part B if that was the only medical service they had all year.
No. The Part B deductible is waived.

I'd recommend advising the office staff and doctor PRIOR to any services being rendered that you are there ONLY for the wellness visit and don't want any other services provided or discussed. Otherwise it's likely to get billed for more than just the wellness visit.

I did have a 65 year old client whose wellness visit was denied by Medicare. The doctor used the annual wellness procedure code. The initial wellness visit has a different code than annual. After the doctor refiled the claim it was paid in full.

And good point about alerting the doc about not doing anything else (like labwork) that are outside the scope of the wellness visit.

Last edited:
I just went through this with a client,I never had another client have an issue before and was surprised by this call, I was so curious I searched this out and found out if the bill says preventative it will not be paid.

However If the Doc bills as wellness everything except exams are covered.
the exams can be covered when its billed as a separate Doctor visit.

Back