The problem with Internet leads.

John Rinstone

What is the deal with internet leads theses days?
Either they are old, bogus or look great on paper but you can never reach them.
Now of course there are good online leads sources, you just have to find viable sources that keeps the quality consistent.
There are also some new Live Lead transfer services that take all the leg work out of it by contacting the consumer verifying they still have a need and then transferring that call to your office but of course you do pay a premium for those like $18- $22 per transfer..

A number of things have happened in the online lead market that have caused quality issues.
Mostly it's greed.

Here are a few key questions to ask any lead provider you might be looking at.

1. Are the leads search engine based? Meaning did a consumer have to type in "insurance" into a search engine.
Leads that are generated other ways are junk such as popups, contests, win this IPOD or this Wal-Mart card. Those people are not looking for insurance they are looking for a freebie.

So the lead must be search engine generated or you will have problems.

2. How many times do they sell the lead? 3-5 is good if you can find a provider selling to that few it may be worth a look. 7-10 is bad, try being the 10th agent to call that lead. Not a pretty thing.

2. Is the provider using affiliates? What is an affiliate? Its anyone they happen to buy a lead from. The problem with affiliates is the provider has no idea how that lead was generated or how many times it was sold before they bought it and sold it to you.
Unfortunately the price of "pay per click" and the demand for leads almost forces the lead providers to use affiliates.

There are several ways to get an edge using internet leads, auto responders definitely help if worded properly. Being notified to your cell when you have a new lead can give you the chance to respond first. Drip emails help as well by keeping your name in front of the lead.
There are several services that offer these features as well as advice to help you. Simple things like calling at different times during the day. Calling in the eve, but of course as an agent you know all this.
Just ask a lot of questions, and carefully watch the quality as many providers will give great leads in the beginning and then once your hooked they start selling junk.

So, as with anything in this world "Buyer Beware"!

Nice catch Al its because its .com.

I'm sure it was just a typo... I couldn't resist having a bit of fun with it.

I'm not a big "fan" of coaches. What's the old saying? "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

They all remind me of the guys who are selling stock market or real estate 'systems.' If their "systems" are so great or their "coaching tips" so terrific, why are they selling them to you or me?

Honestly, if I had a slam-dunk, no fail, absolute, guaranteed way to make a millon a year in insurance (or anything) I'd be DOING it... and probably not telling YOU about it :yes:

I suppose some guys have a "I want to give back" ethos. That's fine. One wise woman once told me:

"Once you find the truth that will set you free... make sure you find out how much it will set you back.":idea:

Al
The InsuranceSolutions123.com Agency

Back