The Quality of Online Leads

TevisVerrett

Expert
CA
Brothers and Sisters of the Craft,

I opted into a 20% off offer from QuoteWizard and bit.

Out of 10 shared leads so far, it has been crap.

Bad email addresses, consumers complaining that their number has been spoofed for weeks, people threatening to choke me if there number is dialed again (OK shared leads). People telling me that they were signing up for a $7K Publishers Clearing House raffle (incentivized), and just disconnected phone numbers or not in service.

I have only two viable leads (and only because they went to voicemail), for my initial outlay of $100.00.

So the question, am I being naive, all online leads are crappy. . .

Or is it that there are 'whack-a-mole' clownshow lead sellers that throw crap at the unwary adviser. . . and we just need to be more careful?

I am in Los Angeles, what are good lead brokers for decent leads?

What do decent leads cost? I was paying $15 for shared leads and $35 for exclusive. . .crappy incentivized leads.

Looking forward to hearing from wiser folks than I,

Tevis

No, not all online leads are crap. Everyone in the world thinks so but its 100% the lead vendor. Internet leads have the potential to be the highest quality lead period.

I have a Internet lead I've been testing for a little over a month now for final expense. 1 in 5 leads is a sale. 80% closing percentage once in the home. Problem is it costs an arm and a leg to generate! How the lead companies would make money is they resell them 5x &... Boom profit. How they get agents to buy a second time I have no clue.

I tried QW few months this year for Med Supp Exclusive leads, I made some money but it was a lot of work.

I would get a lot of baloney, Leads that were telimarketed for car or home ins among some of the other things you mentioned, I did get all of these that I found credited, I had a rep and if they declined a return I would email him and it would be credited

My thing was I dont want to spend all my time returning leads and chasing them and forget about all those I never reached that might have been returnable

if it were not for getting the crap in the 1st place It would have been better.

Bad email addresses, consumers complaining that their number has been spoofed for weeks, people threatening to choke me if there number is dialed again (OK shared leads). People telling me that they were signing up for a $7K Publishers Clearing House raffle (incentivized), and just disconnected phone numbers or not in service.

I have only two viable leads (and only because they went to voicemail), for my initial outlay of $100.00.

Or is it that there are 'whack-a-mole' clownshow lead sellers that throw crap at the unwary adviser. . . and we just need to be more careful?

What do decent leads cost? I was paying $15 for shared leads and $35 for exclusive. . .crappy incentivized leads.

Tevis

You might want to checkout Hometown Quotes. The owner is often on this forum being helpful to other members. PM me for additional information if you're interested.

Your going to find that that vast majority of Internet leads are a scam. I'm not sure how an agent goes about entering into a purchase agreement with one of these companies without expecting to lose their money. "Here's my money. I realize your likely to rip me off, consider it charity to your business". It's a business of thieves. Even in the rare instances where the company is trying to be legitimate, there are individual that buy the leads and they resell them. In these instances the original lead company can't control the quality. The only way you have a chance of getting a quality lead is to buy an exclusive lead. I'd be embarrassed to be in that business, it would be great if an honest company could create a better way to deliver leads from the Internet.

I'm interested in hearing from people that have actually used Hometown Quotes, what was your experience? I've heard good things but no facts to back that up.

Of course your mileage may vary.

We have tried all the usual suspects for internet auto leads.
AllWeb, NetQuote, Insureme, Quote Wizard, Agent Insider, Zip Quote, Hometown Quotes, and Everquote.

In the last year or two AllWeb Leads has purchased InsuranceQuotes (NetQuote), Insureme, and Agent Insider. They were all affiliated with a company call Bankrate.

For us, the quality of these leads from companies now owned by AllWeb Leads is atrocious.

BTW. I had high hopes for Hometown Quotes – very good to work with. Unfortunately in our area the leads we had did not pan out.

I have some data going back to 2011.
The number of leads purchased, the number sold, conversion % of net leads, and the percentage of bad leads.

Probably many more were bad but I only ask for credit on leads that have bad contact information or stated they did not request a quote.

At this time, in our rural area, Everquote is the only one we use.
The only downside is the low volume, however, that can also be a plus as we don’t waste time chasing as many bad leads.

Attachments

• Internet Leads Year Over Year.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 38
Thank you guys. I think I should have my head examined. Fell for the sales pitch. Crap in, crap out.

Back to the starting gate!

Tevis

Learn how to generate internet leads on your own and you will see they are very powerful leads. As long as there are internet lead companies out there, you know its working for some agents because otherwise they would dry up. The problem is they are shady and you have no control of how they generate the leads. You are your own business, figure out how they are doing it and take steps to learn it. Google is the most powerful and most effective lead generating company that has ever existed, learning how to generate your own leads will change your life.

You are in financial planning looks like.

Figure out the MO of your target market.

The only way for a lead company to make $ is to sell each lead 7x over.
So if you pay $10@lead, they have to sell it to 6 other buyers----so, it becomes a race.

It costs lead companies a lot of money to get leads. Many of them are doing PPC or small banner ads on internet sites. They get ppl to fill out simple forms. These same people may have a general interest in the product. Its up to the Agent to peak their interest. They get a lot of clicks that are wasted as ppl change their minds, put in bogus info, etc.

The Best leads are the ones you generate personally. Looks like you are a financial planner---so i think co-sponsored seminars, education events, networking etc. would be best for you.

Latest posts

Back