The Saga of Being Added As an Authorized Representative

dgoldenz

Virginia
Let's see how many other people have had a similar experience. Here's my most recent one:

I've yet to have a single subsidized policy actually get my info attached to it correctly. Today I spent two hours (yes, really) on the phone and had to do two separate client conference calls to get my name added as the authorized representative. Here was the sequence of events on the most recent one that I did over the course of 4 or 5 days:

1. Client applies online, gets approved for subsidy. My agent info is included on the app.
2. healthcare.gov loses my information, says I am not attached to the app when I call
3. Client calls HC.gov help line to have my info added as their authorized representative. She verifies that I'm on there by calling back and checking a second time.
4. I call HC.gov and they can't find me anywhere in the system as an authorized rep
5. Client calls HC.gov again to do the same thing
6. I call, they can't find it again
7. Client calls a third time, gets the CSR's ID number which they aren't supposed to give out, and verifies again that I'm the authorized rep with specific instructions for the next rep on how to find me in the system
8. I call, they can't find it again. 45 minutes on hold for a supervisor and I give up.
9. We do a conference call with HC.gov to get my name added as authorized rep with client on the phone verifying it. We get the CSR ID number again which they aren't supposed to give out.
10. I call back, they can't find it again. I talk to a supervisor, who tells me if I can get client on the phone AGAIN, she will make sure it's taken care of.
11. I call client for a second conference call. Supervisor says authorized rep can only be on the account for 14 days at a time, then we have to call back and do this all over again if it's more than 14 days out.
12. I let client hang up, ask about what plans and rates are available to her, they can't pull up any rates because the system is down.

This was all after it took the client 6 hours to complete the online app. All of the CSR's except one had no clue what I was trying to ask them to do. I was put on hold for at least 15 minutes each time. What a joke.

I'm certified to write these Obamacare plans.....but there is no way I'm touching it with a 10 foot pole. What an absolute joke.

I'm certified to write these Obamacare plans.....but there is no way I'm touching it with a 10 foot pole. What an absolute joke.

Why would anyone torture themselves like that. I wouldn't waste my time. This whole thing will collapse or change.

Last edited:
I am having fun writing 2013 illegal plans, off exchange 2014 plans and Medigap. I don't need that hassle.

I am having fun writing 2013 illegal plans, off exchange 2014 plans and Medigap. I don't need that hassle.

I am doing the same thing and enjoying my business more than at any time in the past 7 years, what a pleasure to write business without having to ask health questions-the people taking 2013 plans are in great health so no need for the 'how long have you been taking this medication, what were the last results, how long ago was the surgery completed, is there anything else you need to tell me', etc, etc, etc that could turn an application into an ordeal.

Plus, most of the companies issuing 2013 policies have become much more lenient on approvals since they have only one year of remaining risk (although that could change, I suppose).

----------

Let's see how many other people have had a similar experience. Here's my most recent one:

I've yet to have a single subsidized policy actually get my info attached to it correctly. Today I spent two hours (yes, really) on the phone and had to do two separate client conference calls to get my name added as the authorized representative. Here was the sequence of events on the most recent one that I did over the course of 4 or 5 days:

1. Client applies online, gets approved for subsidy. My agent info is included on the app.
2. healthcare.gov loses my information, says I am not attached to the app when I call
3. Client calls HC.gov help line to have my info added as their authorized representative. She verifies that I'm on there by calling back and checking a second time.
4. I call HC.gov and they can't find me anywhere in the system as an authorized rep
5. Client calls HC.gov again to do the same thing
6. I call, they can't find it again
7. Client calls a third time, gets the CSR's ID number which they aren't supposed to give out, and verifies again that I'm the authorized rep with specific instructions for the next rep on how to find me in the system
8. I call, they can't find it again. 45 minutes on hold for a supervisor and I give up.
9. We do a conference call with HC.gov to get my name added as authorized rep with client on the phone verifying it. We get the CSR ID number again which they aren't supposed to give out.
10. I call back, they can't find it again. I talk to a supervisor, who tells me if I can get client on the phone AGAIN, she will make sure it's taken care of.
11. I call client for a second conference call. Supervisor says authorized rep can only be on the account for 14 days at a time, then we have to call back and do this all over again if it's more than 14 days out.
12. I let client hang up, ask about what plans and rates are available to her, they can't pull up any rates because the system is down.

This was all after it took the client 6 hours to complete the online app. All of the CSR's except one had no clue what I was trying to ask them to do. I was put on hold for at least 15 minutes each time. What a joke.

This is completely ridiculous and I won't have any part of it-I'm telling my clients to keep their 2013 plans until such time as this embarrassment might actually be working, at which time we can give it a shot again.

Latest posts

Back