The "sandbox" Effect

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
I think I am a victim. My website has dropped like a rock for phrases such as "Ohio Quotes", "Ohio Health Insurance" and "Ohio Health Quotes."

See the definition below: Is this real, or just conjecture?

Most new sites submitted to Google (at least within the last year or so) encounter a peculiar phenomenon known as the "sandbox effect" within about 2 weeks to one month after appearing in the index. Sites may very well rank relatively high in the index at first if the keywords associated with the site are not highly saturated. After about 2 weeks to one month, however, the ranking of most new sites drop significantly. In fact, it is not uncommon for a new site to appear in the number one position for a specific keyword or phrase (typically similar or the same as the website title) up until this drop-off point. For the next 2 – 3 months, new websites are said to reside in the "sandbox," an abstract realm where new, fledgling websites are kept aside from older, mature websites in the index.

Send them flowers and a box of Hersey Kisses. Some fancy underwear might help also. Oops, better not do that, they you will be sitting at your computer... No pictures, No pictures!

You should be able to do a 301 redirect from the old site so that you don't lose the link equity. This assumes that you still own the old domain name and have access to the .htacess file.

PM me know if you need help with that.

Back