The Secret to Selling Medicare Supplements

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club
Lead Heroes - We hire, train & manage telemarketers so you don't have to

Listen to this short video from Agent Toby Furegson (TDFnCali - insurance-forums.net ) share his secrets to success when selling Medicare Supplements over the phone when using tele-marketed leads.

I could not be more excited about his words of wisdom!!!

**SPOILER ALERT**

Toby's Advice = WORK HARD (He mentions this multiple times for a reason!)

That is the secret - there are no magic scripts, special leads (Well maybe ;) ), or hidden catch phrases! Do the work and the results will follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up front, the Only problem i have with MedSups is the comm. level.

Quite Frankly, i don't know HOW agents make it selling a plan that only pays them 17% with an avg. prem. of $100/mth. That won't even pay for gas and a Sandwich at Subway!

What am i missing?
:skeptical:

Quite Frankly, i don't know HOW agents make it selling a plan that only pays them 17% with an avg. prem. of $100/mth. That won't even pay for gas and a Sandwich at Subway!

What am i missing?

You Sell MA right, Your getting what about $18 $19 per month year 2?

Med Supp I am getting an average premium of $125 in most states and more in others, Average Street comision is between 20 and 22% depending on carrier

Also I have a much higher retention level with Med supp, Not only that I don't have to check doctors and benefits are guaranteed to stay the same, I don't have to look for the next plan that has close to the same benefits next year
Customer satisfaction is 100% better very little service work

What am i missing?

Well, my average commission is closer to $300 per year ($25 per month). Now imagine having 500-1,000 clients. Makes for a nice monthly income. Not to mention the steady stream of referrals as long as you've treated the client right.

Well, my average commission is closer to $300 per year ($25 per month). Now imagine having 500-1,000 clients. Makes for a nice monthly income. Not to mention the steady stream of referrals as long as you've treated the client right.

What he said.

Its just getting to the 500 clients :)

If I was starting from scratch, I would be selling FE or life for the immediate income and Med Supps for the long term income.

How long did it take you to reach 500 clients?

Why can't we just start out with 500 clients?

No problem.

Just start out with 5,000 fresh, ready to buy prospects. The kind a dog with a note in his mouth could sell.

How long did it take you to reach 500 clients?

I really don't know as it wasn't my primary focus when I started writing Med Supps. But for someone willing to spend the time and money, I would say 2-3 years is very realistic.

Back