The Secret to Selling Medicare Supplements

Do most people selling Medd supps, cross sell retirement planning, annuities ,LTC,...

If you cross sell , you don't have to wait for 500 clients to make money, you can earn right away, or am I missing something???

Do most people selling Medd supps, cross sell retirement planning, annuities ,LTC,... If you cross sell , you don't have to wait for 500 clients to make money, you can earn right away, or am I missing something???

I can't speak for most people, but I do some investment business with my Med Supp clients (some managed money and some annuities). I'll write the occasional life app as well. I could certainly do a better job of cross selling, but I'm satisfied with my business model.

Do most people selling Medd supps, cross sell retirement planning, annuities ,LTC,... If you cross sell , you don't have to wait for 500 clients to make money, you can earn right away, or am I missing something???

I know a few agents who do really well handling investments for their Med Supp B.O.B.

Up front, the Only problem i have with MedSups is the comm. level.

Quite Frankly, i don't know HOW agents make it selling a plan that only pays them 17% with an avg. prem. of $100/mth. That won't even pay for gas and a Sandwich at Subway!

What am i missing?
:skeptical:

My wife has had serious health problems. I haven't worked the last month. I will take home 12k this month though somehow selling these plans.

When you say investments, you mean securities, being registered with a brokerage?

The agents that immediately come to mind are registered agents.

I believe their go to products were variable annuities.

Their method was to gain them as a Med Supp client and then reach out to them on their anniversary date and review other insurance products/investments.

They seemed to be writing a decent amount of biz just from cross-selling

I'm sorry to hear about your wife! I hope she is getting better!

Thanks and I just mentioned that because I am greatful for this business I am a part of. Had I had a "normal" job would of been fired long ago. Instead, my finances are secure, I can go ahead and build a more disability friendly house for my family. God bless med supps. Of course if the Bern gets elected I'm screwed.

Med supps you can sell year round and build a good book of business pretty quickly if you have the right lead source, or if your local website is optimized and on the 1st page of Google to get all the web search leads in your area. The residual, long term business on it is pretty decent too.

Back