The State Auto Roller Coaster

AZDave

Guru
100+ Post Club
8 years ago I went Indy and State Auto received about 40% of my rollover book of personal lines. Then, two years later, they take a double digit increase. Dust settles down. Couple years later they re align and I'm back to placing business with them. Last year another increase, now this year, double digit again.

Such BS to go thru.

Any one else dealing with larger than normal rate increases?

raised their home deductible here and rates. ended up mutually parting ways. That being said they have a nice farm and commercial product

I would think you'd want to avoid parting ways at all costs right? I mean you're gonna lose a % of those people in that process so why bother? Why not just stop writing w/ them and sit on what you have?

State auto is turning a corner as I type. They now have Mike L. at the helm and they will be a new carrier in 6 months. New product, new tech.

Watch for them to make a great move!

That is what I keep hearing, and if any one carrier needs tech help, it is them! And I definitely want to keep my appointment.

So far so good - haven't lost anyone, but am having to move people around. I'm sure the rep will be in wondering why volume is down.

Back