The Stimulus Bill is Universal Health Care

Well, it's just shifting the current responsibility to say "NO" to the feds, rather than an insurance carrier. Actually if you look at it with an open mind, it's about cost control and about time. Premium is a reflection of cost of health care in America. You cannot lower premium without addressing the cost drivers. They're addressing the cost drivers.

Currently with RX, the industry relies on the FDA as their basis for approved medications for treatments. If something similar happens for methods of care, is that honestly bad? If you think so, should we allow wide open pharmacies for treatment? If you believe and your doctor believe that ass cream is an excellent treatment for your eyes as well as a fine dessert topping should that be OK?

These were some questions posed to me about the stimulus and COBRA. I don't do health and couldn't answer. Anyone?

Can someone tell me how this part of the stimulus bill works. On the COBRA...apparantly with this new stimulus bill you can get COBRA benefits at 40% cost, which means taxes pay the other 60%.....

I lose my health insurance at the end of April. So is this true...I can do a COBRA at 40% of what it would have cost without this new law?

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I have to consider all opportunities. I could jump on my wifes plan but if I can get this and keep it until age 65...Damn.......

http://www.workforce.com/section/00/art.../14/01.php

Here is another question. I was at this job a total of 15 years. The new bill says 65% of my COBRA plan would be paid for...

Heres the question though....The company that I currently still work for BOUGHT OUR the company I had worked at for 13 years and gave me the seniority and gave my my full 3 weeks vacation and such. Does this still count as me working there for 10 or more years? (That would make me eligible)

I think your time at your "old employer" should definitely count. You are at the same job basically with the same company.

As far as telling you how any part of the stimulus will actually work, man, isn't that the $800 billion question! At this point, even if Obama signs it, there are no support systems in place at this point. For now it is all talking points and smoke and mirrors. They have to create entire new bureaucracies to almost everything in the bill. At least in the 750 page version that people were able to read before the vote. NOT on the 1100 page version that was actually voted on and passed. No one has read it but it will become law tomorrow: Check this out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back