The Woodlands Financial Group!!

Cali2017

Hi,
I'm in northern CA, I want to know if anyone out there has any experience with this company? or Heard about them. I checked them out and they are based in Texas. I' am currently working for an IA. My goal is the start my own. I'm just not sure if I should join a cluster or try to get direct appointments with regional carriers. I would love to get appointed with Mercury, Progressive, Kemper and other non standard carriers first and then go for the standard market. The problem is that I don't have a book to roll over. I only have experience. Any other cluster or aggregators I can join in CA that don't have premium requirements?

Any advice from agents that do business in CA?

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm in northern CA, I want to know if anyone out there has any experience with this company? or Heard about them. I checked them out and they are based in Texas. I' am currently working for an IA. My goal is the start my own. I'm just not sure if I should join a cluster or try to get direct appointments with regional carriers. I would love to get appointed with Mercury, Progressive, Kemper and other non standard carriers first and then go for the standard market. The problem is that I don't have a book to roll over. I only have experience.

Any advice from agents that do business in CA?

I believe that would be the owners of the Woodforest Banks you see in Walmarts.:yes:

Under the smaller "Insurance Forums" logo at the top right, there is a "Google Custom Search" box. Enter "Woodlands" and you will be taken to several previous threads of discussion about them.

FLInsa,

Yes, there are many Cluster and aggregators out there, but I am looking for the ones that don't require a book or $100,000 minimum premium.
TWFG requires a $5000 fee to join 80/20 commission split and if you decide to part separate ways in the future can't take your book with you. The only option is the sell your book to them.

Networked and Superior Service, have the premier and select plans you pay a higher fee for the premier and you get a 2% higher commission.

I'm still researching and comparing cons and pros...

any advice is well appreciated I'm in CA.

Back