There Goes Humana

If gop continues to dither, yes. 2018 plans and premiums are due in less than 90 days.

I think every company should dump out......that will bring obummercare to its knee's ....united....cigna,,,,,humana....aetna have already bolted......that leaves bcbs and a hand full of small players,..that will make sure Trump Deals with it....

If gop continues to dither, yes. 2018 plans and premiums are due in less than 90 days.

Per CMS today, it sounds like they are delaying the QHP filing deadline:

Today, CMS/CCIIO issued a proposed rule on Market Stabilization (CMS-9929-P). The publish date is February 17, 2017. Comments are due by March 7, 2017.

Qualified Health Plan (QHP) Certification Calendar: In the rule, CMS announces its intention to release a revised proposed timeline for the QHP certification and rate review process for plan year 2018. The revised timeline would provide issuers with additional time to implement proposed changes that are finalized prior to the 2018 coverage year. These changes will give issuers flexibility to incorporate benefit changes and maximize the number of coverage options available to patients.

I think every company should dump out......that will bring obummercare to its knee's ....united....cigna,,,,,humana....aetna have already bolted......that leaves bcbs and a hand full of small players,..that will make sure Trump Deals with it....

I like the proposal to charge old people 5x what younger people are charged. Let's see, top 5% of people have 40% of total claims. TN could double group rates for medical issues which drove many small employers out of the market.

Control insured claims by excluding the sick. What Muslim ban?

Reminds me of that great philosopher out in Cannon County. I asked whether i could borrow his ax to split wood.

He said "no"

I asked "why"

"Because my wife's cooking chicken soup".

"John Henry, what does you wife's cooking chicken soup have to do with me borrowing your ax?"

"Well, nothing really. When you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as another."

I hear a lot of chicken soup when listening to reasons given in the news.

Ban from.....nope, not Muslim ban.
Lower taxes to create jobs. Nope, not because I make a lot of money and it would help ME.
Entire list of appointees have worked for years in opposition to the departments they're leading. - sure, they'll uphold the law (as they under stand it or wish it were). Besides, the power belongs to the states and we want to do what's right.

Back to Humana, sell parts of the business that is labor and capital intensive with shrinking margins. Use the $$ to make and market other products. It's the insurance life cycle. :SLEEP:

Back