They Are In ! 2009 CMS approved rates posted

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
I went to pick up my wife at work, came back and just checked my email. WOW! The rates are in, and it looks good, at least for me. My Coventry rate is UP! UHC rate not so much, and I won't go into the others, but check your own carriers! Woo-Hoo!

Re: THEY ARE IN! 2009 CMS approved rates posted

the larger commissions are for aging-In ONLY......ALL changes for 2009 only get renewal commisions.....even switches to a new company...........really not that good from my perspective, based on the time spend (include the dam certification exams) and my EXPENSES to market proppects...Going forward I will ONLY market to aging-IN people.......and may even throw in the towel for them too!

I just read one of my carriers bulletin and these commis rates have to be approved by CMS. So it's not a final approval!

And we will be paid renewal rates upon submission until verificiation of a new sale or replacement.

retread I' m happy for you ,but would you mind sharing the dollar amounts

Sorry, there are already several threads on commission rates for 2009 so I didn't want yet another one. I just wanted to let everyone know that the announcements are out.

You should really check your own carrier's info that should come to you in an email. If not, look at the other threads.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
the larger commissions are for aging-In ONLY......ALL changes for 2009 only get renewal commisions.....even switches to a new company...........really not that good from my perspective, based on the time spend (include the dam certification exams) and my EXPENSES to market proppects...Going forward I will ONLY market to aging-IN people.......and may even throw in the towel for them too!

Boy, some people will kick even if they are hung with a new rope!

We are going to get full commissions for all new MA enrollees. We may have to take in halves, but the flip side is: we could be Humana agents! (yech!) If the enrollee already has an MA plan, yes, we will not get the full Monty up front, but we will bring in more over the long haul. I don't know about you, but I see getting $1200-$2300 (depending on the carrier and product) per ap with renewals over 6 years better than $400-$500 next month and little or no renewals.

What is it about not having to run down new enrollees versus servicing what you already have that you don't see as a benefit?

Last edited:

I wounder how many agents think they are getting the "Initial Year"? And how many will take the time to look at the PDP for a Buck 66 a month! A $1.66 for a PDP. I'm out!

And as far as the age ins. :nah: That will be one ugly seen!
</IMG>

So glad I don't work the senior market....

Well yes, this market is getting more controlled by the year. As has been stated before, the senior is America's SACRED COW. But over-regulation of the free-market system (lol) is
stifling the economy overall.

I agree with you that we will possably make more over the long haul..........However based on the changes this year in regards to plans changing benefits and cost do you really thing that ALL your current clients will stay with the SAME plans for 5 years??.......When their plan goes South they will call you and you may have to start from scratch explaining the plan, checking RX drugs they use, see if their doctors take the plan, do all the new paperwork, take time from your day and then YOU will breakeven on renewal commissions...A lot of work for no NEW commision......I wish I was wrong, I like this market...........But thats how I see it.......becasue I am already doing this example THIS year!

Sorry, there are already several threads on commission rates for 2009 so I didn't want yet another one. I just wanted to let everyone know that the announcements are out.

You should really check your own carrier's info that should come to you in an email. If not, look at the other threads.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Boy, some people will kick even if they are hung with a new rope!

We are going to get full commissions for all new MA enrollees. We may have to take in halves, but the flip side is: we could be Humana agents! (yech!) If the enrollee already has an MA plan, yes, we will not get the full Monty up front, but we will bring in more over the long haul. I don't know about you, but I see getting $1200-$2300 (depending on the carrier and product) per ap with renewals over 6 years better than $400-$500 next month and little or no renewals.

What is it about not having to run down new enrollees versus servicing what you already have that you don't see as a benefit?

Back