Thinking About Entering P&C

mbiallas

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been in the insurance business for a dozen years or so writing mainly final expense plans. While I have written quite a bit of business the lead cost and drive time are causing me to reconsider. My question is this - where does one start? It sounds like a dumb question I know but I don't know a thing about P&C other than where I send my check each month. That said I am a quick learner and am not afraid to get out there and do the work.

I have been in the insurance business for a dozen years or so writing mainly final expense plans. While I have written quite a bit of business the lead cost and drive time are causing me to reconsider. My question is this - where does one start? It sounds like a dumb question I know but I don't know a thing about P&C other than where I send my check each month. That said I am a quick learner and am not afraid to get out there and do the work.

Start w/ the carriers that also target your current FE customers. (I assume most are blue collar). Starting out, auto will be easier to get appointed than home. I would call all those FE customers for the past 10 years and ask to quote their home or cars.... With the right carriers, you might never get back in your car again.

Back