Thinking of Becoming a Self Employed Insurance Broker - Can anyone Offer Some Advice?

AndrewPB

Hi all, I have now been working at an insurance brokers for almost 5 years, I am coming to a point where I think I could use the experience I have gained to become a self employed broker, selling home and car insurance. I know there is a lot of steps to take and I really want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. I am trying to do as much research as I can to make this idea come to life. I would like to invest in a good leads database, as from experience we tend to get quite a lot of business from leads, although they aren't bought leads they are gathered by members of staff, or we call ex customers. I really don't know anything about how it works with buying leads although I have seen a lot of websites online which do this, but none of them seem to give me a price. How much can you expect to pay per lead for car and home insurance? I would be looking for good quality leads containing contact information, when the policies are due and how much they pay if thats possible. And are bought leads an effective way to start as a lot of customers wouldn't know my business name? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.

Back