This Is A New One on Me

Submit app with his new last name (it is his legal name). Note former name in notes section of application.

Also include cover letter with application that explains the name change.

The insurer cares about the former name for medical records, MVR, and MIB.

Depending on policy at the insurer, they may require documents for the name change, if he already has a new driver's license with the new last name, that should suffice.

When I was in college and waiting in the admin office, a kid came in and asked for paperwork because HE got married and changed HIS last name. That may be more commonplace today, but it wasn't in 1989 or so.

As for which name to use, what would you do if it were a woman? Do the same thing here. As others have pointed out, it really isn't that complicated. And if all else fails, call the carrier. That way people on the forum won't think you're making a simple situation complicated.

I'm going to sue every insurance company that asks for a "maiden" name. Because I don't think it should be gender specific. I think I'll sue Obama too because I'm sure that's on government forms.

Can I sue Romney for being such a goofball in those debates and letting Obama win the election? He's got more money.

Got to get it done before Trump is president though because he doesn't go for all that "politically correct" stuff.

Back