This is Why You Dont Mess with the FCC 82 Million Dollar Fine

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by maalox, Aug 4, 2017.

1. VolAgent

VolAgent Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Now I do feel for them if they got caught up in this and were completely aware.

I suspect they weren't dragged into this if there even are downline agents, but there is no telling.

As to Phillip, if he did what they said he did then I have no sympathy for him. This wasn't an accidental call to someone on the DNC. He didn't accidentally call a cell phone with a dialer because it wasn't listed right to be scrubbed. He absolutely light up the phone lines with robocalls and called one provider's numbers so often as to disrupt service.

2. DeadSlash

DeadSlash Active Member

These number fascinate me!

Statistically speaking, a lot of people on this forum got a call from him, lol.

3. Newby

Newby Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Telemarketers using spoofed numbers are common and irritating as hell.

4. entrep1776

entrep1776 Well-Known Member

What was his response rate?

1% of 21,000,000 = 210,000

210,000 *5%=10,500 policies.

10,500 * $500 = $5,250,000

5. somarco

somarco Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Oh yeah. Pretty sure this person made sure he was only calling during permissible hours.

To do otherwise would be illegal . . .

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  6. russelltw

russelltw Well-Known Member

State:

7. sshafran

sshafran Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
  8. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I wonder who sold them the data.

9. Mike Siegal

Mike Siegal Well-Known Member

State:

Confusing Article. He made 81k calls during a 4 mth period. Must have been using several dialers. That's about 20k calls a mth or 700 a day.

My Neighbor is an FBI agent (the Feds always exaggerate the charge...its how they intimidate the Perpetrator).

""Mr. Roesel was responsible for more than 200,000 robocalls a day -- 21.5 million altogether," said FCC chairman Ajit Pai." NO WAY you can make this many calls effectivey.

They got him on something...but i ain't buying 21 million calls (those numbers. Literally impossible...to achieve). 8000 calls per hr???? (how does that work)? That's over 100 calls per minute and then there's the handling of the prospects (you gotta talk to them to sign them up). Really....must have had 1000's of telemarketers working to handle that kinda volume.....MUST HAVE been 1 hell of a phone room....

Tough to make a buck these days...now he's going to pay a stiff fine and loose his license. Not good....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  10. LostDollar

LostDollar Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas
    In scanning through the thread, this is the post which caught my attention. If Mr Roesel actually said those things, it would suggest he might not have approached the business with the best interest of his customers at heart, whatever the call volume actually was.