This is why you use a licensed insurance agent....

This is the part of the article that struck me as scandalous.

"Hospital charges are generally understood by health economists to bear little resemblance to the actual prices that are typically paid. Instead, they are more of an opening salvo in the high-stakes negotiations between hospitals trying to get as much money as they can for providing care and insurance companies trying to pay as little as possible."

I don't know who the bigger whores are, the medical profession or the insurance industry. Maybe tied for first place.

This is the part of the article that struck me as scandalous.
Really....and not this....hahaha.....
But Jeff decided he had to leave that job in 2018. He said he felt forced out over differences with some of his congregants on eternal damnation ("As a loving parent, I could never punish my child forever") and gay marriage ("Maybe God is a whole lot more inclusive than we are").

Not sure why this is a story.

No pre-ex for __ amound of time.

They knew it.

They gambled.

Something happened - he has to pay.

Why is this a story?

Yeah, you can’t blame the company for not covering if they have a 2 year cause on pre x.

I was approached by a company to sell those plans and I just laughed at it , bc it’s such a gamble. Not doing that clients.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - 'Medical cost-sharing' plan left this pastor on the hook for much of a $160,000 bill

'Medical cost-sharing' plan left this pastor on the hook for much of a $160,000 bill

Great post and very much a needed wake-up call for those that sign up for these nonsense "plans." They aren't legal contracts and the organizers and administrators are under no legal obligation to pay for anything with stuff like this. I once quoted a woman for a $387/month ACA plan this and she arrogantly told me she was gonna go to a plan like this for $199/month. I told her she can do what she pleases, but don't be upset when you get cancer and the administrators tell you "Ohhh, I'm sorry, but we aren't paying for that."

Feds shut down Missouri Christian nonprofit that was supposed to cover medical bills

https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article272307628.html

While advertising its services through Christian-affiliated radio and social media, the federal government says, Medical Cost Sharing has engaged in a pattern of denying legitimate medical claims “based on a variety of specious reasons.”

Reynolds was an insurance broker licensed to work in both Kansas and Missouri prior to the creation of Medical Cost Sharing. But in 2009, his license was revoked in both states amid allegations that he forged signatures on insurance applications. McGinnis previously held a Missouri insurance license, but it expired in 2018. There is no record of an enforcement action against him listed by the Missouri Department of Insurance.

Back