This should be fun. Looking for an inexpensive source for leads for multiple vehicle households.

Lots of thoughts.
Based on your answer, I am going to read between the lines and guess you are thinking I am an *** for using leads. I too question this method. I have been doing this for 25 years, and we have an insane advantage vs. market with multiple vehicle risks.

Problem is with networking, no one wants to hear how good you are at one specific niche, they want to know you are great through and through.

I am interested in hearing alternate ideas if seems futile to you.

Based on your answer, I am going to read between the lines and guess you are thinking I am an *** for using leads. I too question this method. I have been doing this for 25 years, and we have an insane advantage vs. market with multiple vehicle risks.

Problem is with networking, no one wants to hear how good you are at one specific niche, they want to know you are great through and through.

I am interested in hearing alternate ideas if seems futile to you.

You read too much into that.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what it is you are after. I personally generate my own leads and cheap is relative. Some areas are easier to generate leads and thus are cheaper. Of course you still have to factor in people who won't respond and those you can't help.

Also, the more premium in the household, the more I'm willing to pay to talk to them.

Vol, I am looking for 3 or more vehicles in a household, regardless of how I get them. typically these risks are 2k to 2500k /year. Not huge, but better than one vehicle risks. Are you saying that you are relying on referrals from existing customers,realtors, mortgage brokers, or are you part of a networking group?

Just curious.

No, I literally generate my own leads. Referrals are where I am weak.

Man, I am glad I'm not in Virginia. While it sucks for paying my own insurance, our premiums tend to be quite a bit higher. Is that just for the auto or does that include the home too?

Auto only. For some reason, everyone wants a piece of Virginia. I think that it is a tone setter, kinda like for politics. Despite it being a coastal state, no one wants to loose much market share here. Auto market is starting to harden a bit which is what has created this opportunity.

I am still listening about your self lead generation technique.

A little better, still lower than what I am use to here. Also I find a lot of people with bad insurance scores. A little risky, but does wonders for the premium.

Go after the owners of auto repair shops, they normally own lots of cars. Once you sell them, show them a list of the 15 nearby auto repair shops, and ask for referrals. Chances are they know the owners of at least a few of them, then sell those. Go after the employees too.

Most of my clients own auto repair shops. Just my experience, so please don't get offended, but I have noticed immigrant shop owners own less cars than "native" shop owners, fyi.

Back