Thoughts on Physicians' Mutual?

jeffinomaha

Hi all,

I'm soon to embark on a new career as an insurance agent, although I'm still investigating before I make the leap.

One of the places I'm considering is Physicians' Mutual. Any thoughts on this company?

How about Woodmen of the World?

What's important to me is the ability to make lots of money and impeccable ethical standards. (I just read about Bankers Life :mad:)

I should keep it to the same general question, but since we're here already I'll ask one last question.

What about joining an independent brokerage? Do they hire newbs? That would be a sort of middle ground between independent and captive agent.

Thanks in advance!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No news is good news!

However, I will making an appointment for an interview with Physicians after the new year. So if anyone has the inside scoop, please don't hesitate to tell all.

Last edited:
Physicians has a limited number of products and slight name recognition. Their Medicare supplements are way overpriced and would be very hard to sell. Their final expense is not priced well either but that is a little less price sensitive product. I wouldn't choose them.

Mutual of Omaha has many more products and is very well priced on med sups. They would be one of the more attractive places for a captive agent in the senior market.

Woodman I am not too familiar with. I have met a couple of captive agents with them that seem to be happy.

I wouldnt touch physicians mutual with a 10 ft pole. Woodmen either.

What do you not like about Woodmen of the World? They have a great reputation in Omaha where they're HQ'd. I did notice the projected income for agents was pretty low.

Back