Thoughts on Prudential?

In regards to the benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, etc. is this available for me and my wife? And do they take out a % of your paycheck for it or do they provide is fully and do not have you pay any out of your paycheck for it?

Thank you all!

You do have to pay some or the benefits and there are a few plans to chose from. It gets deducted from your paycheck. Your family is eligible for it too.

You'll be eligible once you get through the training program.

Thanks, so we do have to pay out of paycheck for benefits. With that being said, does it turn out to be cheaper and more beneficial to just get insurance and such from an outside party? Because they speak of this benefit package to be top in the industry but they take % out of your paycheck for it. Just confused is all.

Thank you much for all input

I think the benefits are great. I don't deal with selling individual health insurance, but I think a group plan is almost always going to be cheaper.

insurancemet said:
Wow $400 every 2 wks that's a lot. What was the commission for eg on whole life?

Your kidding right the $400 included health coverage for his family plus other benefits.

Having worked for Pru I can say with certainty that the single most important issue is your relationship with your MFS. Everything else is noise. Ask him about prospecting beyond P200, how? will he help? is he doing this for anyone currently? Can you meet them?
On the product side it's mostly mediocre with the notable exception of lenient U/W
They will let you write outside of pru and count the sales toward your contract. However, you will have to use C rump and while Crmp is huge you can only write with a limited# of Crump Carriers . They will PUSH the variable annuity in meeting after meeting. learn about the product and either like it or don't bother with Pru.

Having worked for Pru I can say with certainty that the single most important issue is your relationship with your MFS. Everything else is noise. Ask him about prospecting beyond P200, how? will he help? is he doing this for anyone currently? Can you meet them?
On the product side it's mostly mediocre with the notable exception of lenient U/W
They will let you write outside of pru and count the sales toward your contract. However, you will have to use C rump and while Crmp is huge you can only write with a limited# of Crump Carriers . They will PUSH the variable annuity in meeting after meeting. learn about the product and either like it or don't bother with Pru.

I couldn't agree more with you on the relationship part with your MFS!

In regards to the $400 every two weeks for benefits Is this truly considered low? To me it seems quite high? A relative gets his medical coverage from a third party company, not the company he works for and pays 100 or so a month. Granted that's just for him, he's not married. I'm just trying to understand is the $400 every two weeks really a good deal?

Thank you!

In regards to the $400 every two weeks for benefits Is this truly considered low? To me it seems quite high? A relative gets his medical coverage from a third party company, not the company he works for and pays 100 or so a month. Granted that's just for him, he's not married. I'm just trying to understand is the $400 every two weeks really a good deal?

Thank you!

That was for more than just health insurance. It also include other benefits, plus 401k, E&O and office fees. Also, I bet the plan through Pru is much, much more benefit rich than your friend's individual plan.

Back