Thoughts on where We Go from Here with IFP?

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
Looks like co-ops are failing or will fail soon. Top tier carriers are preparing to exit the Marketplace in 2017. Curious about forum members thought's on what comes after ACA?

With UW and pre-x gone, not sure we are going to put that genie back in the bottle. Medicare/Medicaid for all with supplements to fill in gaps?

Looks like co-ops are failing or will fail soon. Top tier carriers are preparing to exit the Marketplace in 2017. Curious about forum members thought's on what comes after ACA?

With UW and pre-x gone, not sure we are going to put that genie back in the bottle. Medicare/Medicaid for all with supplements to fill in gaps?

I'm moving on from IFP as a business and, to quote Rhett Butler, 'Frankly, I don't give a damn!'

Or Med Supp ......................

Been building Medicare book since the ACA was signed. Individual health is over, small group--done. I'll probably get a P&C License and see if I can leverage my existing book by selling personal lines. I've asked my clients if I did this would they buy from me and they said "yes"--we never see our property guy. So. . . . That's next. If it doesn't work I'll get a job I guess

I spent 9 years in a p/c firm. It's like medicare; the income is long term. Be prepared for more service work (adding/removing cars, mortgage changes, etc).

I have been building the medicare book all along. I might have to look back at the p/c. Nice thing I liked about p/c was that property is passed along, unlike health insurance. Someone else will buy the house/farm/business. You can have insurance on a property for 30 years in the p/c market.

I spent 9 years in a p/c firm. It's like medicare; the income is long term. Be prepared for more service work (adding/removing cars, mortgage changes, etc).

I have been building the medicare book all along. I might have to look back at the p/c. Nice thing I liked about p/c was that property is passed along, unlike health insurance. Someone else will buy the house/farm/business. You can have insurance on a property for 30 years in the p/c market.

Well, I have a sizeable book, so I'd think that personal lines would be a good fit. I just have no familiarity with the contracting required etc. I know it's a totally different animal. I was hoping to find an independent agency that might allow me to sell products they are already appointed to sell & give me a %. I think it would be a "win-win", since I would be bringing a fairly large book with me & if ever I exited the P&C piece, they would still have revenue from those folks. Not sure - have to think more about it. . . .but that's where I see the quickest entry.

I really want to find products that don't require these types of enrollment periods - I don't mind service work at all.

Thoughts?

Back