Thrivent Financial for Luthrans

Oct 9, 2015

1. jburgmann

jburgmann New Member

Does anyone know the rate history for Thrivent medicare supplements? Specifically in Illinois?

2. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois

CSG shows double digit decrease %'s. I think that's wrong. I've knocked it out of the home's of some very loyal Lutherans because the premium was getting high.

3. AllyriaRedbird

AllyriaRedbird Expert

Goillini52, and the OP,

Do you guys know if the Trivent Med Supp is community rated? If so, that may be why rates go up quickly.

If their underwriting is easy, it may be an alternative to AARP that my more conservative, and unhealthy clients would find appealing.

4. goillini52

State:
    Illinois

No, not community rated. The rates I was referring to were from their old captive Med Supps. I've heard that their UW won't be lenient, so I don't think this will be for unhealthy clients. Their rates are about the best out there in my state. Other than that they have the name/high rating.

5. AllyriaRedbird

AllyriaRedbird Expert

Here in NM docs give out O2 like candy, so working with a few Med Supp carriers that do accept O2, AARP is one, and BCBS is another. Both about the same price over age 71.

Trivent hasn't come up on CSG yet as price-competitive, so maybe they are not yet in NM. No reason to contract if community rated and not lenient UW wise.

Religion alone can't sell an over-priced product.

6. goillini52

State:
    Illinois

Their rates won't be out for another month. You can get sample rates from any FMO that's offering them.

7. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    Thrivent and Liberty Bankers (Med Supp) are coming out as sort of a package deal. Neither are going to be available in NM for now.

Thrivent will be AL, IL, IN, KY, LA, MS, SC, and WV.
    Liberty Bankers will be CO, IA, IL, LA, MI, MS, NE, OH, and TX.

8. AllyriaRedbird

AllyriaRedbird Expert

9. Lighthouse Ins

Lighthouse Ins New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm considering Thrivent primarily because of their high rating A++, which is unusual in the Med Supp world. However, CSG is showing a 29.7% premium DECREASE back on 9/2016. That's a red flag. Aetna did a very similar thing 2 years ago here in OK and have had a 8% and a 9.5% increase, respectively, in the 2 years since.

Obviously, they're very competitive now and even more so when you consider that they give a household discount as long as the co-inhabitant is 50+ and regardless whether they are applying or not.

Any thoughts or advice regarding Thrivent?

10. goillini52

State:
    Illinois

They're not just for Lutherans any more.:)