Thrivent Financial for Luthrans

Goillini52, and the OP,

Do you guys know if the Trivent Med Supp is community rated? If so, that may be why rates go up quickly.

If their underwriting is easy, it may be an alternative to AARP that my more conservative, and unhealthy clients would find appealing.

Goillini52, and the OP,

Do you guys know if the Trivent Med Supp is community rated? If so, that may be why rates go up quickly.

If their underwriting is easy, it may be an alternative to AARP that my more conservative, and unhealthy clients would find appealing.

No, not community rated. The rates I was referring to were from their old captive Med Supps. I've heard that their UW won't be lenient, so I don't think this will be for unhealthy clients. Their rates are about the best out there in my state. Other than that they have the name/high rating.

No, not community rated. The rates I was referring to were from their old captive Med Supps. I've heard that their UW won't be lenient, so I don't think this will be for unhealthy clients. Their rates are about the best out there in my state. Other than that they have the name/high rating.

Here in NM docs give out O2 like candy, so working with a few Med Supp carriers that do accept O2, AARP is one, and BCBS is another. Both about the same price over age 71.

Trivent hasn't come up on CSG yet as price-competitive, so maybe they are not yet in NM. No reason to contract if community rated and not lenient UW wise.

Religion alone can't sell an over-priced product.

Here in NM docs give out O2 like candy, so working with a few Med Supp carriers that do accept O2, AARP is one, and BCBS is another. Both about the same price over age 71.

Trivent hasn't come up on CSG yet as price-competitive, so maybe they are not yet in NM. No reason to contract if community rated and not lenient UW wise.

Their rates won't be out for another month. You can get sample rates from any FMO that's offering them.

Thrivent and Liberty Bankers (Med Supp) are coming out as sort of a package deal. Neither are going to be available in NM for now.

Thrivent will be AL, IL, IN, KY, LA, MS, SC, and WV.
Liberty Bankers will be CO, IA, IL, LA, MI, MS, NE, OH, and TX.

Thrivent and Liberty Bankers (Med Supp) are coming out as sort of a package deal. Neither are going to be available in NM for now.

The right thing IS the right thing to do. Thanks, Todd.

Thrivent and Liberty Bankers are not an issue for me unless they become competitive in IN and MS where I am also licensed.

I'm considering Thrivent primarily because of their high rating A++, which is unusual in the Med Supp world. However, CSG is showing a 29.7% premium DECREASE back on 9/2016. That's a red flag. Aetna did a very similar thing 2 years ago here in OK and have had a 8% and a 9.5% increase, respectively, in the 2 years since.

Obviously, they're very competitive now and even more so when you consider that they give a household discount as long as the co-inhabitant is 50+ and regardless whether they are applying or not.

Any thoughts or advice regarding Thrivent?

I'm considering Thrivent primarily because of their high rating A++, which is unusual in the Med Supp world. However, CSG is showing a 29.7% premium DECREASE back on 9/2016. That's a red flag. Aetna did a very similar thing 2 years ago here in OK and have had a 8% and a 9.5% increase, respectively, in the 2 years since.

Obviously, they're very competitive now and even more so when you consider that they give a household discount as long as the co-inhabitant is 50+ and regardless whether they are applying or not.

Any thoughts or advice regarding Thrivent?

They're not just for Lutherans any more.:)

Back