Time Frame for Filing a Claim.

kudak

Late last summer, we had a wind storm (Central NH) and a tree branch fell on my car and smashed my windshield and dented my hood and fender. At the time I was dealing with a lot of things, so I didn't have time to deal with getting quotes and getting body work done to my car. I was also told by a few people that it could be fixed with paintless dent repair for a lot cheaper than my deductible. I filed a claim to have my windshield fixed since safelite could do that while I was at work. I have since found it's a lot more extensive than I originally thought, Is it to late to have them reopen that claim for the windshield and take care of the other issues? I have Geico and have been with them for 3 years.
Thank you!

Never too late, but you should always file a claim as soon as reasonably possible. If you already filled a claim and are adding to it that helps you're case a bit.

Has your policy been in force without any lapses during this time? If so, it shouldn't be a big deal.

As BlockO said though, be prepared to answer questions about the delay. Don't let this deter you, just expect to be asked.

Also, don't wait, file the claim now. A lot of states do have limits on how long you can wait to file a claim.

Dan

Latest posts

Back