Time Limits on Calling/emailing Self-generated Leads?

BlockO

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have about 250 unsold leads/quote requests that my website has generated in the past 8 or 9 months. I want to contact these people via email/phone campaign, to see if I can close more sales. But I've heard that there are laws and limitations as to how far back you can go to contact someone. Most prospects left their email, the rest left their phone #.

I have 3 questions:

1. how far can I go back to call someone?
2. how far can I go back to email someone?
3. does the "do not call list" have anything to do with this?

*if it makes a difference, these "leads" were not bought. they were quote requests that customers filled out on my website.

I'm new to email campaigns and "warm" calling. Just wanted to find out the rules beforehand.
thanks

You can call 90 days from the date they requested information. After that, you have to scrub against the do not call list.

Email - no real time limit, just should be can-spam compliant. Your email host may object if they get to many bounces / spam reports. 250 every once in a while won't matter much.

Dan

From the government website https://www.donotcall.gov/faq/faqbusiness.aspx

"A telemarketer or seller may call a consumer with whom it has an established business relationship for up to 18 months after the consumer's last purchase, delivery, or payment - even if the consumer's number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. In addition, a company may call a consumer for up to three months after the consumer makes an inquiry or submits an application to the company. And if a consumer has given a company written permission, the company may call even if the consumer's number is on the National Do Not Call Registry".

Back