Time schedules for educational events?

IrishAF

For agents who conduct Medicare educational events, what have you found to be the best times of the day/days of the week to schedule your events? Senior clients we have are all on different schedules so asking them hasn't really yielded much.

I appreciate your feedback!

Last year I did 3 in one day and do not recommend it. Did 10:00, 1:00 and 3:00. Also had cookies and coffee at each one but not enough time between them because people were still coming in as I was talking to others from last meeting. Mine was a sales event so was taking applications also so that took longer. Collected 50 MA apps total between the 3 meetings though. Not a bad days work but sending them all in within 24 hours sucked.

Last year I did 3 in one day and do not recommend it. Did 10:00, 1:00 and 3:00. Also had cookies and coffee at each one but not enough time between them because people were still coming in as I was talking to others from last meeting. Mine was a sales event so was taking applications also so that took longer. Collected 50 MA apps total between the 3 meetings though. Not a bad days work but sending them all in within 24 hours sucked.

Good info to know, thanks. I was planning to hold 3 events per week, one per day, with one being a Saturday. Your post confirmed giving myself a lot of time. Which meeting had filled the room most? I'm guessing 10 a.m.?

10:00 A.M probably did have the most but the other two were pretty close to capacity of around 50 at each meeting also. These are the only 3 I did the entire AEP because the rep from the Company came and did them with me so wanted all the same day. I was literally exhausted by 9:00 p.m. after sending most of the apps in. Came in at 4:30 a.m. to finish the rest before my day got started with appointments.

I’ve learned to never do Friday’s. If your doing Medicare clients I can’t imagine why you would want to do a Saturday.

Latest posts

Back