Tips for a New Agent? 22 Years Young. Still in College. Have a Few Quesitons.

If Mutual of Omaha had a more competitive permanent life product, I would've probably liked to stay with them. I think they're due for some product innovation, and if they came out with an IUL, it would be worth looking into. Their products are primarily built for the middle income market, so that would be a good fit for me.

However, I only say this because of their overall infrastructure, not because of the agency I was in. I think their compliance was more "forgiving" than MassMutual ever was for me (aside from anything securities related I'm sure)... and that is a big deal.

Everything has pluses and minuses. You just have to weigh them out and figure out what you're willing to live with... if you were going with a career agency.

----------

I don't know if anything has changed since I posed this, but here's my review of MoO:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/getting-started-selling-insurance/i-feel-like-kid-candy-store-mutual-omaha-career-agent-resources-t41669.html

MoO's GUL is excellent, ROP, chronic illness (soon to be LTC), current age, and decent underwriting.

For CV accumulation though, I'd agree 100%.

Ahhhh, to be 22 again and have access to THIS much info at one time and in one place. Congratulations! Yup, this place roks. The advice for you here is spot on...of course there's so much more than can ever be learned on any forum, but it sure cuts that learning curve down. If I can be of any help, please do ask. You can learn a little about me on my website via my signature. Cheers!

Back