Tips for Qualifying & Presenting Medicare Supplements

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club
Following up with our post last month on presenting Final Expense, I wanted to share our latest post on how the agents in our book qualify, present and sell Medigap plans.

We understand that there’s a lot of different ways to sell Medicare Supps like Final Expense, so we wanted to come up with a format to allow new agents a way to understand the main parts of the process. So, after looking at the similarities we noticed 3 main phases to qualifying a lead before closing it:

1. Health
2. Budget
3. Need

Now right away we were aware, not every agent follows this exactly step by step in order; but they do touch upon these three when selling supplements (or Final Expense).
I am hoping by putting this post out there we can build a dialogue around what is some effective tips for presenting and selling Medicare Supplements. Some of the items we talk about in the post are:

• T65 vs T67
• Cons with dealing with T65 niche as a new agent
• How to qualify a lead’s health upfront
• Pre-closing leads by getting them to admit what the savings can do for them
• Frank Stasny’s simple statement to effortlessly close leads

There’s more but I didn’t want to ruin the surprise ... ;)

Also, I wanted to get feedback from the forum since Lead Heroes is starting up a new podcast and we wanted to know who you’d like to see interviewed from the forum when it comes to the Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage niche?

GET MORE MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT TIPS!

funny-breaking-bad-american-healthcare.jpg

Hi!

Thank you for the tips! I am a new agent trying to learn how to sell Medigap supplements(I was told not to deal with MA plans yet as new agent). I am all on my own in the this insurance business career because the self employed agent who was supposed to train me in selling is now way too busy and that's why I am coming here and learning all I can. I am nurse currently and I love helping people, especially the senior population. I am willing to work very hard and realize it will take time to build up a solid client base. I am so excited to be able to have access to all of this info!

thank you,
Ms. J

Hi!

Thank you for the tips! I am a new agent trying to learn how to sell Medigap supplements(I was told not to deal with MA plans yet as new agent). I am all on my own in the this insurance business career because the self employed agent who was supposed to train me in selling is now way too busy and that's why I am coming here and learning all I can. I am nurse currently and I love helping people, especially the senior population. I am willing to work very hard and realize it will take time to build up a solid client base. I am so excited to be able to have access to all of this info!

thank you,
Ms. J

No problem! I am happy to hear that you found this article helpful!

I would also second the idea of focusing on one thing and becoming proficient before adding to your product lines ...

Hopefully, this is the right thread for my questions. My supplemental BCBS-IL went up 18% from $344 to $408 bi-monthly. Can someone either direct me or explain the difference between just having Medicare and supplemental and the Medicare Advantage plans? Thank you...if this is not the correct thread, please direct me...thanks:)

Hopefully, this is the right thread for my questions. My supplemental BCBS-IL went up 18% from $344 to $408 bi-monthly. Can someone either direct me or explain the difference between just having Medicare and supplemental and the Medicare Advantage plans? Thank you...if this is not the correct thread, please direct me...thanks:)

Medicare is primary, and the supplement fills in the gaps. You go to the physicians who accept medicare

-or-

Medicare Advantage is the primary, and you typically go the physicians who accept that plan, and pay co-pays. Not all of the physicians who accept medicare will accept the advantage plan.

This is a basic summary, and does not cover all of the information CMS would require prior to making a change from one plan to the other.

I am not currently contracted to sell plans in your state, and give you an in depth comparison, but Im sure one of the other agents on the forum would be happy to do so.

Hi!

thank you,
Ms. J

I would suggest checking out MedicareTraining101.com.

You can call or email me and I can also get you a discount.

Latest posts

Back