Tips on Getting the Voided Check...

lifeagent007

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Some of my guys are having issues when it comes to collecting the voided check. They have the client pick which coverage, give ssn fill out app up till the voided check. So I'm trying to put together some thoughts and tips on convincing the client to give the voided check what do you guys use? Just today one of our agent heard "I'm not giving you a check till I can read over the policy" :twitchy:

Some of my guys are having issues when it comes to collecting the voided check. They have the client pick which coverage, give ssn fill out app up till the voided check. So I'm trying to put together some thoughts and tips on convincing the client to give the voided check what do you guys use? Just today one of our agent heard "I'm not giving you a check till I can read over the policy" :twitchy:

You have a problem with the presentation....I know within 5 mins if they have cc, checking or savings or de card....and if they have none of those LOL, then I walk....think "qualify out" first, then mold the pitch to find out what they have and tell them what they will need to do way before you get to that point.

Sounds like your guys are doing a good job of assuming the sale, but the people are not sold yet.:nah:

You have a problem with the presentation....I know within 5 mins if they have cc, checking or savings or de card....and if they have none of those LOL, then I walk....think "qualify out" first, then mold the pitch to find out what they have and tell them what they will need to do way before you get to that point.

To be fair, this won't work for everyone. There are certain ways a veteran agent can semi slyly find out the answers to those questions very quickly but a new agent needs to stray away from that and focus on connecting with the client and building trust.
As for getting a voided check obviously the trust has to be there. Stray away from using words like "take out" or anything threatening...no one likes hearing we are automatically going to take this out of your account. Maybe create a lighter mood with a stupid joke or something then politely ask.
Typically though if you are overcoming things like that at the end of the presentation you didn't do your job prior.

Do you have the issue yourself too? If not have one of them that is struggling ride with you and see what you are doing differently.

They can also record their appointments and send them to you and you can see where it's going downhill.

They are asking for a voided check from people that aren't sold. Correct that part and the voided check issue will go away.

To be fair, this won't work for everyone. There are certain ways a veteran agent can semi slyly find out the answers to those questions very quickly but a new agent needs to stray away from that and focus on connecting with the client and building trust.
As for getting a voided check obviously the trust has to be there. Stray away from using words like "take out" or anything threatening...no one likes hearing we are automatically going to take this out of your account. Maybe create a lighter mood with a stupid joke or something then politely ask.
Typically though if you are overcoming things like that at the end of the presentation you didn't do your job prior.

Ehhh I disagree. Since I was a newb Ive used the exact same fact finding and revealing presentation from day one....never ever to this day had someone tell me no to giving me a voided check, it works for everyone if you know what to say. As far as building trust I think thats something that is over sold to agents.....its not as much about building trust as it is about controlling the conversation and using emotion and let them buy (pick and chose their number).....many here will agree, final expense is not sold it is bought:)

Are they selling f2f or overt phone.
F2f should never be a problem. It's all about being confident, professional and easy going when it come to collecting banking

----------

Are they selling f2f or overt phone.
F2f should never be a problem. It's all about being confident, professional and easy going when it come to collecting banking

When someone wants a plan they know they have to pay. At the point of collecting banking the "sale" is already made. Now,we,are just getting the red tape outta the way

Do you have the issue yourself too? If not have one of them that is struggling ride with you and see what you are doing differently.

They can also record their appointments and send them to you and you can see where it's going downhill.

Rarely an issues myself except a possible "do I have to give you that" which for me is easily overcome.

The ones struggling are new so I was starting to think it was partly because of trust (when your new your usually inherently nervous)

Examples of how you prep the clients before it gets to that part?

Any other tips, the advice is superb so far!

I think the "Colt 45 Close" should solve your problem. Or maybe they should just grow some balls and take charge of the situation.

If you've got agents going through the entire presentation and the client says they want to buy but won't hand over a voided check. It sounds to me like you've got a salesmen who couldn't close a screen door in a windstorm.

I hear taco bell is hiring.

Back