Tired of Prima Dona GA's

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
Seems to be a recent outbreak of GA reps that think there time is way too valuable to do the work that a GA is suppose to do...like running proposals and providing accurate product information.

They will promise you the moon to get your business but once they do, you're suppose to crawl through broken glass to get anything done.

My job is to help the client, their job is to help me. While many run for the school bus at 5:00 pm, I'm working. While many are at home at night watching T.V., I'm out seeing clients. Gets old after awhile...

Seems to be a recent outbreak of GA reps that think there time is way too valuable to do the work that a GA is suppose to do...like running proposals and providing accurate product information.

They will promise you the moon to get your business but once they do, you're suppose to crawl through broken glass to get anything done.

My job is to help the client, their job is to help me. While many run for the school bus at 5:00 pm, I'm working. While many are at home at night watching T.V., I'm out seeing clients. Gets old after awhile...

I know what you mean. Why not switch to a new one? Hurt them in the pocket book!

Last edited:
A few things come to mind and I'm sure others will chime in.

First, are they high contract levels? If so, they probably don't owe you anything. If you are taking a reduced contract (below street) then you should expect some hand holding, but what products are you repping that you can't do your own proposals for? Usually that's what the agent should be doing, not the upline.

Your situation may completely warrant your comments, but I personally am sick of Prima Dona agents that think their upline should be doing their job for them.

First, are they high contract levels? If so, they probably don't owe you anything. If you are taking a reduced contract (below street) then you should expect some hand holding, but what products are you repping that you can't do your own proposals for? Usually that's what the agent should be doing, not the upline.

If you are on high contract levels, its because of production, usually. With higher production means more upline overrides.

Don't they owe high contracts something still?

Last edited:

Your situation may completely warrant your comments, but I personally am sick of Prima Dona agents that think their upline should be doing their job for them.

You're funny. What's your job? What is it that you bring to the table?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know what you mean. Why not switch to a new one?

Yep, that's the answer.

Last edited:
You're funny. What's your job?

It sure as hell isn't to run proposals. If it's a large group case and it's something you're getting a hand on, then that's one thing, but for example, if you're a life guy and you can't run your own illustrations you need to learn how to. If you can't quote someone on car insurance, you need to learn how to quote on car insurance.

The job is to either give out high contracts or give out reasonable contracts relative to the amount of training/support/lead generation given out.

CALTC, are you serious? If the higher contracts are the result of production the agent should be able to run their own proposals.

Let's go back to the "accurate product information" thing. The best person to talk to about carrier information *IS THE CARRIER*. Sure an upline should point towards the right products and have an idea of why to use certain carriers and why working with them makes sense, but not answer stupid questions that the agent can get the answer too on their own from the carrier just as easily as from the upline. When it comes down to the nuts and bolts of a plan you're *ALWAYS* better off asking the carrier, especially because the carrier can always change things. I'll give you a perfect example, when Madison rolled out they had no height/weight chart and then they added one. From time to time carriers will change all sorts of things. Here is another great example, underwriting. Why not call the carrier and ask about specific conditions rather than ask an upline? Does the upline make the approval? Do they answer those questions all day every day?

Prima Dona agents, SMH.

What is it that you bring to the table?

Also the privilege of being on the hook for chargebacks and production requirements, but agents never want to think about that.

Let's hear more about your situation. What proposals does your upline need to run for you and why aren't you doing them yourself?

Last edited:
sounds like he is runnings illistrations, but not writing policies.......ouch

Back