TN Major Medical good insurance?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
Hi I am now just had my kids knocked of the tn child health care because I made too much last year

On the exchange, we only have BC here. My youngest has autism and is going through ABA Speach and OT therapies.

BC does not cover ABA which is the most important therapy, The ABA place said I need to get either UHC or BHS?

does any agent work with these that I can speak with?

You have no other options.
looks like no options seems off-exchange still does health qualification and bc is only one on exchange and they do not cover ABA therapy

ABA therapy is the most important piece of my son's therapy

My wife had to go to work years ago to get us coverage.

Unfortunately, my wife has to take my son to several appointments a day plus she helps with back office stuff for me, Even without working for me she couldn't work as taking care of a 4-year-old child with autism is very time-consuming.3 days week goes to school for 3 hours speech therapy 2 days a week OT therapy 1 x per week and ABA therapy 4 days a week and nothing is around the corner. not possible to do all that and work with the child at home with techniques to reinforce what was learned in therapy

its just not possible

Are there husband/wife groups in Tennessee???

The issue is going to be therapy limits no matter what you do.

Unless they stopped therapy limits with an autism dx?

Can we get him Medicaid based on disability, not income?

I'm brainstorming here. Let me think on it some more.

And you will NEVER regret whatever sacrifice is necessary for happy kids!

Are there husband/wife groups in Tennessee???

The issue is going to be therapy limits no matter what you do.

Unless they stopped therapy limits with an autism dx?

Can we get him Medicaid based on disability, not income?

I'm brainstorming here. Let me think on it some more.

And you will NEVER regret whatever sacrifice is necessary for happy kids!

I asked about that, I remember years ago you could get what was called a group of one, It would be me my wife and 2 kids, But i am told that went away with Obamacare.

I did not ever hear of getting Medicaid based on disability if income was not low, I will look into that

As Far as TX I understand they cover $36,000 per year in ABA therapy, I am currently at $2k per month. That is why I messaged you, I Just have not bothered with under 65 info since Obamacare took effect so I am so out of the loop on the under 65 info

Now I have looked at other states and wanting to stay southern east as possible seems NC,SC & GA are out, other surrounding states have much more limits, I do not want to go to Chicago Maryland NJ or back to NY for anything

I don't know what county you are in, but you most likely have no other options for individual major medical that would cover the therapy.

1. Make less money. Deduct some business expenses and get back under the income limit and reapply (this only works if you are the business owner obviously) Was he on Coverkids? Unless you have been closing $30,000 more in business a year, it makes sense to keep your income under the Cover kids limit because of what the therapy is going to cost you OOP if you don't have it.

2. Do you have an adult child in college you could pay $12,000 to and force them to use it for tuition/books/living expenses?? You can get group rates....

Back