To all the new agents starting out

Markthebroker

Guru
5000 Post Club
California
I have now been selling p&c commercial for 8 years, and my biggest problem today is managing the leads and business I have coming in. However, my first few years were rough and I was doing everything I could to get in front of people. The photo below sums it up, and I just want to tell all the newbies out there to keep grinding and working!

upload_2019-4-14_13-18-35.png

I like the photo! Sounds about accurate as well haha.
I have been in the insurance industry for 8 years as well (life, LTC and Health) and the first thing I was told that really stuck was, if you make it 18 months in the insurance industry, you'll never work another job in your life. This was repeated to me by several veterans in the industry and I can not imagine myself doing anything else.

A good friend -- also my insurance agent for my entire business career -- said, "If you take care of your clients for the first five years, your clients will take care of you for life." I didn't understand it at the time, but began to "get it" as I sent him multiple referrals based on his earning an ongoing trusted role in my business and personal life.

As a new agent, this is absolutely true. I just got into the insurance industry in December, got my first 3 clients, had a big enrollment, wrote roughly ALL the premium in the history of forever, and now? *tumbleweed blows by* Extremely frustrating when you're trying to get in front of people, or BACK in front of people that you've already had an initial meeting with and nobody will return your call. Some days its a struggle picking up a phone.

As a new agent, this is absolutely true. I just got into the insurance industry in December, got my first 3 clients, had a big enrollment, wrote roughly ALL the premium in the history of forever, and now? *tumbleweed blows by* Extremely frustrating when you're trying to get in front of people, or BACK in front of people that you've already had an initial meeting with and nobody will return your call. Some days its a struggle picking up a phone.
Then go knock on some doors. :yes:

Back