To Blog or Not To Blog ?

Reuben

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm wondering if anyone here writes an insurance related blog, and if so, has it had any impact in business development?

I've had the belated idea that I'd like to do something of this nature, but am not sure whether this would be a productive use of my time.

Any guidence cheerfully accepted.

Thank you in advance.

Re: To Blog or Not To Blog...

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but I know a real estate agent that blogs everyday about the market, new listings, foreclosures, sales in the area and he said 80% of his business came from his blog last year.

I'm in the process of switching my website over to a more interactive blog format through wordpress. More search engine friendly and not a static place like every other insurance site out there.

I'm doing this because I just started a life insurance blog for consumers a little over a week ago and syndicated it through a few blog networks and I'm already getting more hits than the static website in my sig.

I say "To Blog".

My blog drives a decent amount of traffic to my site. I just bough a new domain name for a national site (right now it's just MD) and direct traffic there.

I hear everyone talking about SEO. No clue how to work SEO but my blog has 1st page ranking for certain keywords.

...I hear everyone talking about SEO. No clue how to work SEO but my blog has 1st page ranking for certain keywords.

And what would those key words be?

;)

I'm wondering if there are blogs that are 100% insurance sales, e.g., articles on insurance for consumers, with contact details to the agent for quotes, that sort of thing.

I've got in mind this sort of blog and am wondering how practical it might be.

I have a dumpy blog, but I got a sale last week from it. I had written an article about Billy Maze and the limitations of the health insurance he peddles.

Someone googled and found the article and ended up buying a policy.

Do it and do it often and make it interesting to the reader and keep doing it and it'll beat internet leads by miles.

I have a Connecticut insurance blog. It seems to help my SEO. It gives me a good place to put certain important keywords that don't fit well on my more static pages.

I'm convinced that I would go up in the rankings if I had time to blog every day. The search engines definitely read it.

I have a Connecticut insurance blog. It seems to help my SEO. It gives me a good place to put certain important keywords that don't fit well on my more static pages.

I'm convinced that I would go up in the rankings if I had time to blog every day. The search engines definitely read it.

I completely agree with you Alston. I think a blog's main purpose should be to help push up the rankings of your website in Google & Yahoo's oraganic section. I can't imagine getting a ton of business from the blog itself!

Back