To work with a general agency or as independent?

honestagents

I just cancelled a captive agent contract and contracted with a large general agency here in Colorado. I am having second thoughts and after calling a handful of carriers directly on my own, it appears that production levels, etc are not really an issue with goin contracted direct. Any thoughts out there on general agency vs direct pros/cons? I have been in insurance for 1.5 yrs ...all captive though.
Also, anyone know of a general agency in Colorado that is reputable and can recommend?Thanks!

I just cancelled a captive agent contract and contracted with a large general agency here in Colorado. I am having second thoughts and after calling a handful of carriers directly on my own, it appears that production levels, etc are not really an issue with goin contracted direct. Any thoughts out there on general agency vs direct pros/cons? I have been in insurance for 1.5 yrs ...all captive though.
Also, anyone know of a general agency in Colorado that is reputable and can recommend?Thanks!

You like Health or Life plus to you like Individual or is Group more of an interest to you?

I do have a pipeline that consists of mostly individuals. However, in my recent prospecting and being opened up to the new world of "non-captive" I have been running across quite a few group. I am interested in group as well..most likely not equally to individual market. I have already contracted with this GA by the way!!!

Back