Today's Options commission for 2008

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Just received an email with the 2008 commissions. To my surprise (horror), there seems to be no change from this year.

First year for the MA plans are $330; for MA-PD $355.

With the other plans in excess of $400, it's strange that Pyramid would keep the commission on the low side. But since they will likely be the plan to beat, they may not have to pay as much as lesser plans.

Rick

Just received an email with the 2008 commissions. To my surprise (horror), there seems to be no change from this year.

First year for the MA plans are $330; for MA-PD $355.

With the other plans in excess of $400, it's strange that Pyramid would keep the commission on the low side. But since they will likely be the plan to beat, they may not have to pay as much as lesser plans.

Rick

I saw that too. While I'd like to have a higher commission, if the TO plan is the one to beat, I'll take the lower commission to get more business.

The obvious strategy here is sell the HMO/PPO plans in metro areas and get the best commissions, and the PFFSs in rural areas. I think this is set up by design, anyway.

What the planners did not consider, is that we spend more gas traveling to outlying areas, therefore our expenses are greater with a subsequent lower income. If they keep this up, they will begin to wonder why the PFFS sales seem to slack off.... someday they may be able to put two and two together.

The obvious strategy here is sell the HMO/PPO plans in metro areas and get the best commissions, and the PFFSs in rural areas. I think this is set up by design, anyway.

What the planners did not consider, is that we spend more gas traveling to outlying areas, therefore our expenses are greater with a subsequent lower income. If they keep this up, they will begin to wonder why the PFFS sales seem to slack off.... someday they may be able to put two and two together.

Its because of UAFC being on of the originators of the PFFS/HMO as we know it today, they are in bed with Bush (I know this to be fact). And they are the best at screwing the client and especially the agent.

What you need to do is figure out how best to pump up your reimbursement.

Like write up a separate MA and a PDP...now you're at the $400 level.

Or write the combo and get $330.

Again,, with the clients interests in mind.

I prefer the tandem approach because if they're unhappy with one situation you can still move them...during the cycle...and they keep the one they like, or that serves them best.

they are in bed with Bush (I know this to be fact).

Richard Barasch is the CEO of Universal American. Here's a link to 2008 contributions from people with the last name Barasch. Pay close attention to the party these monies were contributed to.

Campaign Finance - Money, Political Finance, Campaign Contributions

2006 contributions:

http://www.campaignmoney.com/finance.asp?pg=1&type=in&criteria=barasch&prevpage=2&cycle=06

2004 Contributions:

http://www.campaignmoney.com/finance.asp?type=in&cycle=04&criteria=barasch

Looks like Mr. Barasch contributed mostly to Democrats. Now if you have some more damning proof (since you know for a fact), I'd love to see it. Not saying it isn't true, but you shouldn't make statements like that without having something to back it up.

Are you guys writing about GA rates? Because my FMO got me and my group $425 and $150 year 2 and $75 year 3.
Why does everything come down to politickin'? I just want to know what you guys know about Today's Option...however, I guess I am on that NAIFA political dealie, and my minor is in Poli Sci, I SHOULD be more interested...
~IF

Are you guys writing about GA rates? Because my FMO got me and my group $425 and $150 year 2 and $75 year 3.
Why does everything come down to politickin'? I just want to know what you guys know about Today's Option...however, I guess I am on that NAIFA political dealie, and my minor is in Poli Sci, I SHOULD be more interested...
~IF
Interesting. Guess the FMO isn't taking a dime. That's exactly the FMO schedule. $425 first year, $150 years 2-10, $75 thereafter. Everything is slightly higher for the MAPD.

I'd love to find that FMO that is working for free. Can we have a name?

Rick

No, I am selfish. I want to keep the FMO for my group and me only.
Don't hate me, I am just an incredibly negotiator, even at long distance...
yes, I just said that!

Back