Toll Free Phone Numbers

The New Guy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Michigan
How many of you have your own toll free number? Are they necessary? What percentage of your calls come from your toll free numbers? Does it make a difference if it's an 800 number vs an 866, 877, or 888 number, or just as long as it's toll free, that's all that matters. Thank you in advance.

when I went to a toll-free number, my call volume increased about 4 times or so. I felt people in other parts of CA might be reluctant to call a toll number when so many toll-free competitors were out there.

If you are going toll-free, I suggest getting an 800#, not one of the other ones. To me it's like .com versus .net, . biz and so on. People are kind of programmed to dail 1-800.

Unless of course you want to try and spell something. Then you may want to explore the other types of toll-free numbers.

My current bill tells me calls come from all over the state and I don't think I was getting those calls before I went toll-free.

You can get a really good deal on them nowadays.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

You are in business, why would you not have a toll-free number?

I believe having a toll-free number is essential. I get asked if I have a toll-free number all the time.

No, I don't believe that you have to have an 800 number. Mine is 877 and everyone knows that is toll-free.

On my card I list my office number and my toll-free number. My toll-free number is preceded by the words, "Toll-free". I would do that even if it was "800".

In a society where a lot of people will drive 5-10 miles out of their way to save a nickle on a gallon of gas; I think that toll free numbers are a good investment. How many clients may not call you just because it's a long distance call?

I think that the benefits of an 800 number will always outweigh the costs, but, it is more important in some areas than in others.

If you live in a big city, and your clients come from that sort of pool, then I find that most people have an unlimited long distance plan, or have a cellphone that doesn't charge for long distance. However, if you live in a rural area, or try to attract clients from those areas, then it is especially important.

If you are going to get one, try these guys. http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1537

I think it is best to have a toll-free and a local toll number and list them both. Those who want to call toll-free can do it, and those (especially cell phones) that might get charged to call a toll-free number can call the local number instead.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

I think it is best to have a toll-free and a local toll number and list them both. Those who want to call toll-free can do it, and those (especially cell phones) that might get charged to call a toll-free number can call the local number instead.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

I have both numbers on my cards. Even people who live locally and those who have unlimited Long Distance still call my toll-free number. Even from their cell phones.

We live in a very cheap society!

FREE and or CHEAP is the most important thing to most people, even if it is a piece of crap. Am I the only one who gets tired of hearing that?

Look around for an 800#? Please explain (where would be good).

I use Accessline through Costco. Super cheap, but message only. Works for seminar rsvps and free reports.

Welcoming other input!

Back