Too Difficult to Save

MatthewC

Expert
I am looking for ideas -

I have a prospect who can save a net of $850 / year on Plan G vs her current plan F. Seems like a no brainer, except that she lives check to check and spends every dime. She is afraid she will not save the Part B deductible amount during the year and not have the extra $147 deductible when needed.

I have tried suggesting she put $20 in an envelope each month in a drawer, savings account etc, she is simply afraid she doesn't have the discipline to set the money aside.

Any ideas? Do doctors take payments on this sort of thing?

I am looking for ideas -

I have a prospect who can save a net of $850 / year on Plan G vs her current plan F. Seems like a no brainer, except that she lives check to check and spends every dime. She is afraid she will not save the Part B deductible amount during the year and not have the extra $147 deductible when needed.

I have tried suggesting she put $20 in an envelope each month in a drawer, savings account etc, she is simply afraid she doesn't have the discipline to set the money aside.

She's an ***. She has the $70 per month difference in premium but couldn't come up with $147 if necessary?

Next.

Rick

Most doctors will send a bill. When she has the money saved up, she can pay it. Putting aside the difference in price for two months would be a great start.

Have her buy Plan G and save a gross of about $95 per month. Have her send YOU $50 per month for a net savings of $500. You pay the $147 on her behalf.

I'm a problem solver.

You should keep the vig on that deal.

I am looking for ideas -

Can you save her any money with a different carrier on Plan F? If so, just go that route. If she can't see the benefit of Plan G in this situation and you somehow convince her to go with Plan G, you'll have a problem down the road.

One other thing to consider at least for 2015, has she met her Part B deductible already? Meaning, has she been to the doctor more than once? If so, moving to Plan G for the remainder of the year wouldn't create an issue. It would be 2016 that you'd have to be concerned about.

Drop her off your radar. If you can't find her a cheaper F, leave it alone. Some people are unable to think outside the box. I had an agent that was stupid to understand and explain it. Constantly enrolled people in F. Glad she is gone.

Most doctors will send a bill. When she has the money saved up, she can pay it. Putting aside the difference in price for two months would be a great start.

This should solve the issue I've used this before

Also If she has used services the the Plan F already paid it and she would not have to pay till next year

If she has not used services then she probably wont use then in 1st month anyway

Back