Too Good to Be True??

a2howard

Hello all,

Im a new agent just getting started in the business....im very green. I have a company trying to hire to sell Life Insurance and Annuities for them. Its a smaller company that has 3 or 4 offices around Jacksonville and Tampa area. I live in West Palm Beach and will be his first agent in this area for him. The main thing that seems "too good to be true" and attracted me to this opportunity is the fact that they provide 10 confirmed appointments per week. Not leads, but confirmed appointments. They provide these completely free. The guy I spoke with said that these appointments cost "a lot" and they have a great "show up percentage"...somewhere in the 90-95% range. He said that if was to close 1-2 deals a week....I would be making 150K a year easy...sounds too good to be true? That's what I said...he told me that maybe 4 to 5 people out of the 10 will be actually interested and if im a decent sales person(which I believe I am) I should be able to close between 1-2 deals a week, and make 150-200k a year....Does this sound really far fetched? Is this a long shot? Is it too good to be true? I haven't even talked to another company yet....Not sure if im being too naïve here. I don't mind waiting a month or two to make money, that's not a problem for me. Just not 6 months or something crazy like that. Any insight would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Possible? Yes. Likely right away? No. Big no.

And no leads are free. You're either paying for them up front or out of your commission %.

Have you sold life or annuities before?

Hello all,

Im a new agent just getting started in the business....im very green. I have a company trying to hire to sell Life Insurance and Annuities for them. Its a smaller company that has 3 or 4 offices around Jacksonville and Tampa area. I live in West Palm Beach and will be his first agent in this area for him. The main thing that seems "too good to be true" and attracted me to this opportunity is the fact that they provide 10 confirmed appointments per week. Not leads, but confirmed appointments. They provide these completely free. The guy I spoke with said that these appointments cost "a lot" and they have a great "show up percentage"...somewhere in the 90-95% range. He said that if was to close 1-2 deals a week....I would be making 150K a year easy...sounds too good to be true? That's what I said...he told me that maybe 4 to 5 people out of the 10 will be actually interested and if im a decent sales person(which I believe I am) I should be able to close between 1-2 deals a week, and make 150-200k a year....Does this sound really far fetched? Is this a long shot? Is it too good to be true? I haven't even talked to another company yet....Not sure if im being too naïve here. I don't mind waiting a month or two to make money, that's not a problem for me. Just not 6 months or something crazy like that. Any insight would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Which company is this?

Tampa

A part of Gradient Financial I believe...

----------

not opening an office per say...just expanding and hiring agents in the south Florida market.

Since you're skeptical of the employer's claims, I would think the logical action would be to track down another employee and check the facts? Our opinions might be good to frame "what's common or not", but the employees should be your first hand witnesses on this matter :)

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

Last edited:
Hello all,

Thanks

Very very doubtful. :err:

I received the same call at my office as you. I am a well seasoned life agent with many years in the insurance industry. I found the call fast paced and curious. I did not retain the gentlemans name or number. I discounted the call. I would like to speak with him again for clarity on a few questions that I have. If you have his info please share it here or message me directly if you can.
Thank you

Back