Too Good to Be True??

Over 18 years in this business, I have come to certain conclusions, one of them being if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Everything you have told us is all good stuff. Inflated numbers, imaginary scenarios, etc. The kicker - a totally green agent gets a territory the size of West Palm Beach to sell life and annuities with no product nor sales training. Not saying it is not possible, just that it is very highly unlikely. For sure, there are other agents for this company working the area; you just don't know who they are. Find a sponsor who will give you training while allowing you to get your feet wet, because there is nothing more discouraging than realizing someone has benefitted from your labor at your expense!

Hello all,

Im a new agent just getting started in the business....im very green. I have a company trying to hire to sell Life Insurance and Annuities for them. Its a smaller company that has 3 or 4 offices around Jacksonville and Tampa area. I live in West Palm Beach and will be his first agent in this area for him. The main thing that seems "too good to be true" and attracted me to this opportunity is the fact that they provide 10 confirmed appointments per week. Not leads, but confirmed appointments. They provide these completely free. The guy I spoke with said that these appointments cost "a lot" and they have a great "show up percentage"...somewhere in the 90-95% range. He said that if was to close 1-2 deals a week....I would be making 150K a year easy...sounds too good to be true? That's what I said...he told me that maybe 4 to 5 people out of the 10 will be actually interested and if im a decent sales person(which I believe I am) I should be able to close between 1-2 deals a week, and make 150-200k a year....Does this sound really far fetched? Is this a long shot? Is it too good to be true? I haven't even talked to another company yet....Not sure if im being too naïve here. I don't mind waiting a month or two to make money, that's not a problem for me. Just not 6 months or something crazy like that. Any insight would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Asked them for the phone number of some of there agents in the other offices that you can call to see how they are doing.

Latest posts

Back