Too Much Regulations

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
Am I the only one that trows up everytime they hear the canidates say that there needs to be more regulations. When I started in the industry an annuity app was 1 page. Now the App is 3 pages plus a replacement form and a 6 page sutability form. And lets not even get started on security sales. Does anyone believe that all this extra regulation has helped protect people from unethical agents...I say NO, because they will always find a way around it ie have the unknowing consumer signing blank forms and then filling out whatever they want on the apps. I have seen this done. But what does this do to the ethical agent is take more time out of our lives.

Re: Too much Regulation

all this with a 33% fraud ratio anywhere Fed regulation is involved, medicare, Social Security, fed reserve, etc...

who's the regulators there keeping those agencies strait ?

no one was the answer we we're looking for there ...

Re: Too much Regulation

Am I the only one that trows up everytime they hear the canidates say that there needs to be more regulations. When I started in the industry an annuity app was 1 page. Now the App is 3 pages plus a replacement form and a 6 page sutability form. And lets not even get started on security sales. Does anyone believe that all this extra regulation has helped protect people from unethical agents...I say NO, because they will always find a way around it ie have the unknowing consumer signing blank forms and then filling out whatever they want on the apps. I have seen this done. But what does this do to the ethical agent is take more time out of our lives.

In politics less is more. If someone ran for office and promised to do nothing, that might be the person I would be most likely to vote for.

Nothing, nothing anyone can do will protect people from unethical agents. Just like gun laws, nothing can be done or passed to keep guns out of the hands or criminals.

All of the laws and regulations passed and the ones not yet thought of are most likely only going to make life more difficult for those of us who obey laws and regulations.

Even if we like the regulations or laws they talk about we already know that the end result is going to be bastardized so bad that it will no longer be beneficial.

Back